Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Berkley Fireline

Post Thanks / Like

Question Berkley Fireline

I'm thinking about going to BERKLEY FIRELINE Braided on all my reels,, just wondering if anyone has an opinion on it.

I fish a lot below KY and Barkley Dam ,,lot of 1/8 and 1/4 oz jigs,,,fish are one to 5lbs ,,BUT Some times you get a big one 10--15lbs .....so do I need14LB test OR 20 ?/

20lb test has the diameter of 8 and the 14lb diameter of 6lb test.

thanks tim

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away,GC-Tim

Post Thanks / Like

14 lb fireline is what I use on my striper rods. The thin diameter of the braid is great for fishing in deep water and the no-stretch line makes feeling those light hits much easier. I will usually add a 2 ft leader of 20-25 lb mono and barrel swivel to the end of the fireline. This will help reduce line twist.
    On the negative side, fireline is a bit more expensive than regular mono and the braid is easy to tangle up. But with that said, it is my line of choice when fishing deep for stripers and sauger.
    The heavens declare the glory of God and the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1