Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Marine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Midwest Marine

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Midwest marine when it came to engine repair? My new to me Optimax has alarm beeps going off that I need to have looked at. It is under warranty but I would prefer to take it somewhere that knows what they are doing.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I have had good and bad experience with them.Last go around they had my opti 5 times and couldn't fix it so i brought it down to the lake and the guy knew what it was as soon as he fired it up. Ended up being the reed valves.
    My opti used to have a beep go off when coming out the hole up on plane and if ya let out of it then back into it it would stop and run fine. Ended up being a weak battery.The opti has to have a min. of 1000cca or it aint happy. New battery and all was fine.
    Hope this helps.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know much about Midwest but had good luck with Mercury at Angler's Port west side of Warsaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Second Kaz here

Quote Originally Posted by kazualobzerver View Post
    Don't know much about Midwest but had good luck with Mercury at Angler's Port west side of Warsaw.
    I will be taking mine to Anglers. Just dealt with them and was very satisfied with them.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default pro's choice

what ever you do dont go to pro's choice they couldn't fix a moped

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had a problem with tracker marine on south campbell. Been using them for 5 years.
    Outlaw Walleye and Crappie Poles (anglersmidwest.com guides and gear)
    MossBackRack.com
    Jenkins Nissan(813-420-0983)

Post Thanks / Like

Midwest not so good,and very pricie. I would look elswhere. Its amazing how much they can find that has nothing to do with your problems, no matter what they are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hogster1 View Post
    I have had good and bad experience with them.Last go around they had my opti 5 times and couldn't fix it so i brought it down to the lake and the guy knew what it was as soon as he fired it up. Ended up being the reed valves.
    My opti used to have a beep go off when coming out the hole up on plane and if ya let out of it then back into it it would stop and run fine. Ended up being a weak battery.The opti has to have a min. of 1000cca or it aint happy. New battery and all was fine.
    Hope this helps.
    WAS THAT GUY'S NAME DANNY???
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

They have always helped me out been there many times

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by old fuzzy View Post
    WAS THAT GUY'S NAME DANNY???
    Fuzzy i took it to Mangenust Marine in Osage Beach. Their head Mercury tech worked on it. I cant recall his name though.One hell of a nice guy and even brought me in the shop and showed me everything he found and told me straight up it would survive with just the one broke reed valve replaced, but i had him replace them all. He was very nice and really personable made ya feel at ease.Boat runs better than it ever has.:D
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast