Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best Winter lake for Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Best Winter lake for Crappie

I was just wondering and wanted to get some opinions from the rest of you anglers. What is your favorite winter slab seeking lake? I personally like Gold Creek at Lake Conway, Plum Bayou or maumelle.
    Midsouth Tackle Pro Staff
    "Home of the Super Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that Conway is a good lake. I have never fished it, but have it in the back of my mind. I live by Beaver and so that is where I fish most of the time. I have always fished for Bass and last year started trolling for Crappie. I did pretty good. I want to learn more about jigs, minnows, & ect. I have also heard that Blue Mountain is good in the spring.

Post Thanks / Like

We do well on Hamilton and Greeson in the winter and we caught some nice crappie under the docks at Crystal Springs on Ouachita yesterday about 15-feet deep on small Shiners and Rosy Reds

I have a friend that has been catching some nice blacknose crappie next to bridge columns on Dardanelle.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

There is an oxbow lake close to me that is called Midway. The Mississippi river gets in it around 22 foot. I have no idea how many acres it is but, it is a fairly good size oxbow. It has some big crappie in it, 2 pound crappie are normal. The thing that I do not like about the lake is that it runs north and south and it is hard to get out of the wind. The levee dones not break the wind enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best winter crappie lake!!!!!!

My vote goes to Lake Millwood. Right now the action is great. 1.5 to 2.5 lb fish with the occasional 3 pounder. Heading down there this weekend. We caught about 50 3 weeks ago. Had a great fry.