Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AndeŽ Premium Monofilament Line - 1/4 lb. Spool

Post Thanks / Like

Default AndeŽ Premium Monofilament Line - 1/4 lb. Spool

Anyone used this line before? Good? Bad? Ok? I bought the 6lb Envy Green. Hope it is ok. Lot of yards for a good price and hi-vis. Ande Premium Monofilament Line - 1/4 lb. Spool
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the Envy Green for a couple of years. It's a good line in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah its good line. I used to use stren, tried ande and never went back. It is a strong and soft mono. You dont like it and I will buy it from you.

Post Thanks / Like

Ande Premium has one of the lowest tensile strengths of any line on the market (down there with Original Stren) and is notoriously wiry. It does offer excellent abrasion resistance, so if you are fishing in cover it might be stronger after a day's use than some lines with higher tensile strength.

Your 6 lb. test is as thick as the thinner makes of 8 lb. test line. Hope your crappies aren't line-shy!

Post Thanks / Like

One of the main guides on Lake Oconee here in Georgia swears by it. He uses the pinkish 6lb test.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I have used it in 4lb. and loved it. I think it is a great line at a great price. I also used it when I fished offshore with great results..just not 4lb:D

Post Thanks / Like

Ande line breaking strength is true to the pound test printed on the box and has a slightly lower diameter than most lines of the same test. It is good stuff and I use it on all my titeline rods. I use a different line with slightly lower memory on my spinning rods.

I ran some tensile tests on several brands of line and will be glad to email you the Excel spreadsheet with my data and results if you PM me your email address. The tests were conducted on a short length of line with a Palomar knot tied on each end.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using 6-pound Ande Envy for several years on all my jigging poles and it does well for me. Even exposed to the elements every day it lasts for months. We've landed a bunch of 9 to 13-pound stripers on it. It has a little bit of memory but not enough to be a problem.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan_VA View Post
    Ande line breaking strength is true to the pound test printed on the box and has a slightly lower diameter than most lines of the same test.
    When you say "true to the pound test," you must mean after a two-hour soak (which is the state in which IGFA tests line for record certification). The spools of 4, 6, 8, and 10 Ande Premium I have tested all exceeded their labeled strength dry.

The diameters are hefty for the rated strength until 10 lbs, which is about average for 10 lb. lines. The 4 lb. Premium I have is .0080" and breaks at 5.4 lbs. (Compare that to a spool of fluorescent blue P-Line CX-Xtra Tough: .0078" and 8.0 lbs.) The 8 lb. Premium measures .0110" and breaks at 9.5 lbs. (Compare that to 8 Rapala Finesse, .0100" and 11.4 lbs.) As I recall, the 6 lb. miked at over .0100", which is above the average diameter of 6 lb. lines.

Ande Premium is a durable, inexpensive line, and obviously has its fans. There are much stronger lines out there.

Post Thanks / Like

split handle, just out of curiosity, how does the ande come out as to the memory and stiffness compared to the other lines that is listed above? I have not tried a couple of them and just curious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast