Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: optima blue top battery?

Post Thanks / Like

Default optima blue top battery?

how good is this battery is it worth the over 200 dollar price tag?? how long do they last on 1 charge. lets say on a calm day how far would it get u in a 15 ft flat bottom boat with a 55lb trolling motor?? thanks for any info u guys have.i just need some convincing before i pay that much for a battery..also is it strong enough to hook 2 depth finders and the trolling motor to it or should i put those on a different battery?

Post Thanks / Like

my dad used optima batteries in his drag cars (ignition, fuel pump, water pump, gauges ect.) and always had to put the charger on the batteries between runs. otherwise the batteries would die before the end of the day. i always used interstate batteries in my truck and boat and talked him into switching batteries. the interstates would last a whole day of racing without needing to be charged. i run my 46# trolling motor, fish finder and lights off of 1 interstate and can fish all day long without losing power. sometimes i would forget to charge the battery between fishing trips and still be able to fiah all day. and they are under $100. this is just my opinion, but i think optima's are way overrated and their prices are just rediculous.

cody.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the Cabela's AGM batteries and have been very pleased with them so far. They are expensive but not as much so as the Optima.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 78mudbug View Post
    how good is this battery is it worth the over 200 dollar price tag?? how long do they last on 1 charge. lets say on a calm day how far would it get u in a 15 ft flat bottom boat with a 55lb trolling motor?? thanks for any info u guys have.i just need some convincing before i pay that much for a battery..also is it strong enough to hook 2 depth finders and the trolling motor to it or should i put those on a different battery?
    There are cheaper batteries that will work great if you keep em charged. I have a blue top that my daughter gave me for my birthday a few years ago, I didn't like it, it would die after 1/2 day of trolling. I took it back and it was bad so they replaced it free (1 1/2 year old) and I have no troubles with it now. I can spider rig all day or nightstalk pulling underwater and overhead lights with no problem. I do keep a on-board charger on my batteries all the time and they are always ready to go. I do feel that with the on-board charger the cheaper ones will work fine also.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to spend that much, go with the Sears Diehard Platinum Marine PM-1.

Same size, price and technology as the Optima, but the Diehard has 205 minute RC versus 155RC for the Optima.

Made by Enersys, they are the same battery as the Odyssey Trolling Thunder.

I use the Everstart Maxx 29s and normally get 5 or 6 seasons out of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Have some in my boat and the best battery I ever had. Through all the really cold weather we had it didn't even start to knock them down. One heck of a battery and will out last others over 2 times easy. Probably more like 3 or 4 times longer as far as them lasting. How long a charge last, don't really know, but way one of the easier questions I ever had here and that is they are worth every penny especially when compared to other batteries.

Just make sure you get the ones that are Deep Cycle. I have one that is my cranking batter that are dual purpose and two others for my troll motor. Have a Group 27 for starting and 2 of the D31M for TM.

They have other blue top batteries, but these are top of the line for my purpose.
    That is my 2 cents!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

the battery im looking at is a deepcycle cant remember the model but it cost $233.00

Post Thanks / Like

AC Delco 30 series batteries are great too.

Post Thanks / Like

You can find them cheaper than 233. I have had them in every boat I have owned. Can't run them out of juice, very reliable.
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer

Post Thanks / Like

i had the blue tops in two differnt boats i had to swap them a few times ,due to not taking a good charge but once i got 3 good ones never a prob again. good thing is warranty on them. but if i had it to do over again i wouldnt..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast