Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All purpose line?

Post Thanks / Like

Default All purpose line?

I just want to get your opinions on a good line to use for trolling or dipping or casting. Ijust got some silstar rods and want to string them. Any help?

Thanks Wilbur.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

i like the mr.crappie hi-vis line in 6lb test....but thats just me..u will get all kinds of opinions everyone likes different lines:D

Post Thanks / Like

4/6# ande works for me. Never had a problem with it, its a strong soft mono, and its cheap enough that you dont mind replacing often.

Post Thanks / Like

I like 6lb. Vicious line. You can buy a big spool for $9.99. Here is a link to it.
    http://store.jbsfishing.com/merchant...egory_Code=Pan
    Bobby Garland Pro Staff Bass Pro Shop Pro Staff
    Hi-Tek Pro Staff
    Denali Rods Pro Staff Road Runner Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I hear this over and over again You search out and purchase the best pole and reel you can. Now you spent all your money and decide now whats the CHEAPEST line you can get away with. I done the same thing thinking I can replace it a lot since I got a 1000yds at a good price. I sure saved a LOT of money and headaches by spooling up with Power Pro line. I'm not sponsored by them!!! I use the 2lb size, 10lb test, in hi-vis yellow. Spool up a 1/2 spool of CHEAP mono and fill it will the Power Pro. It will last forever!!! May lose some color but just as strong as the day you bought it. It has saved me lots of money over the years not re-spooling and getting jigs back. ALL my clients love and switch over to it. Another thing is,,,, you will feel every lite bite. Buy a 150 yd spool of it. Put 50 yds on one of your reels. Fish with it. If ya don't like it,,,,, I'LL BUY IT FROM YOU!!! Full:D:D price!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my choice and it may be good or may not. I troll and shoot docks with 6lb test, Pline, high vis yellow or green. I use these colors so I can see the line better. Maybe the fish do too.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-11-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he's looking for the cheapest, just a good all around for all types of fishing or at least more than one.

Suffix Elite get the nod from me for all purpose. The Viscious is pretty good too and priced right. Stren original is good as well.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Ande 2# test or trilene xl 2#

Post Thanks / Like

Ya'll killing me man, I got tears coming out of my eyes. Seriously!

Post Thanks / Like

Big Game Trilene 8-10 lb. Ive been using since it has come on the market and it has made a believer out of me. Bottombumper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast