Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: world's biggest crappies??

Post Thanks / Like

Default world's biggest crappies??

Guys,
    Heading out for a fish in approx APRIL 2006 and willing to go to anywhere if there are mosnster crappie available.. we are open for suggestions for lakes and guides.....Mean while we will continue to ripp their faces off here in Ontario , thru the ice and open water....We have actually experienced great fishing for mostly Black crappie in Canada...Lookin for 17 inchers +...
    We will post pics of our huts and conditions here on a later date ...need a cold snap...water temp 36 degrees and waiting....We will go anywhere !!!
    the crazy crappie canucks.....

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My suggestions for Guides

Richard Williams(Weezer): Kentucky Lake Guide, Paris Tn
    Brad Whitehead: Pickwick and Wilson Lakes, Muscle SHoals Al
    FalconSmitty:South Alabama Lakes

All of these guys are on this website. You can find them under the Members List.

You could fish all three in 4 days. Hit South Alabama with Smitty, and drive 3 hours to North Alabama with Brad, then finish 3 hours north to Richard on Kentucky Lake. That would be one world class crappie vacation.

I should be a vacation guide!!!
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captnhazelwood69
    Guys,
    Heading out for a fish in approx APRIL 2006 and willing to go to anywhere if there are mosnster crappie available.. we are open for suggestions for lakes and guides.....Mean while we will continue to ripp their faces off here in Ontario , thru the ice and open water....We have actually experienced great fishing for mostly Black crappie in Canada...Lookin for 17 inchers +...
    We will post pics of our huts and conditions here on a later date ...need a cold snap...water temp 36 degrees and waiting....We will go anywhere !!!
    the crazy crappie canucks.....
    grenada, sardis, enid, arkabutla. all in mississippi and nearly all in a straight line right down the interstate out of memphis. these were taken in grenada in late march.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Anywhere in the mid to southern latitudes will give you some monster slabs. Come on down to Arkansas in the spring and we'd be glad to put you on some slabs.

www.familyfishingtrips.com or www.actionfishingtrips.com

Jerry landed an 18" - 2.75'er on Thanksgiving Day. Our shad hatch has been great and no doubt we're going to boat 3lb'ers this spring.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Guys I may be a guppie/minnow whatever on this board but I have been fishing now about 58 years, started at two when Granddad tied my *ss to boat seats to fish for bullheads in the sloughs off the Osage in Warsaw, MO.

Took a detour from the sport in '66 to '72..Did a tour or two in Indian Coutry, and one South.....of the Motherland...that's what guys in my unit did....

Got discharged in '72

I have seen these crappie hogs in several shots on the board...H*ll, I have taken a few of these pics myself.....18.1 inches, 3.9 lbs.... before release...

but you know what the only big Crappie shot that has registered with me on here is the old photo where the guy's fist is engulfed by the fish's mouth!

FRAME OF REFERENCE...the fist shot had, the hold out PICs do not......

Maybe we hold up a four pound pass, versus a four pound spec....

What do you think guys, how about a response from 'Sack of Milk' the Oakland Raider....this Chief Fan would like to hear from you....lmao.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 12-04-2005 at 07:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess old sack of milk must be asleep, or my comment to the RAIDER fan has fallen on deaf ears, by the way I think Oakland whipped their butts today....lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey JIm,

Sorry I didn't reply. What did you want me to answer. And yea the Raiders got robbed by KC the other weekend and I think we lost again today. Funny thing is is not many rival games in the NFL unless you're playing Oakland!!! Everyone wants the nasty bunch to be their rival!!! KC, and Denver certainly are.

Post Thanks / Like

Your right Sac, if you are a Chief's fan, you got to love pain! I think we are 1 and 39 now, lol. Those rascals take you to the edge every year and then jump off the cliff.

Post Thanks / Like

Well,a must win again against the donkeys,Chiefs win.4 more tough games,and still no guarantee of a play-off spot.

Who are the raiders??

Post Thanks / Like

captnhazelwood69,

Some people may disagree, but your best bet for numbers of jumbo crappie will be grenada lake and arkabutla lake in north mississippi. Most lakes have some big fish, but these two lakes have large number of them, Arkabutla is my home lake and when you have to use 10 and 12 pound line to fish for crappie that should tell you something. We start catching numbers of big fish in february and it goes through mid april. Grenada has been the hottest of two for big fish for a few years now and there is no indication of it letting up. sardis lake will probably be next one to produce jumbo fish, because it was stocked with hybrid fish and from what I understand these things grow big fast.
    Biguns only:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast