Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spoonbill(paddlefish)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spoonbill(paddlefish)

Whelp,pulled the trigger today and finally got it all set up.Best I could do is March 29/30..kinda early in the season,but that was what was open.
    Like Polvo,I'll throw out an invatation.I'll be by myself,and it's already paid for-got the old oar house inn monday night,the boat tue,and the room again tue night.
    Anyone interested in catching a 100# fish give me a PM....Oh...I don't snore,but a few squeakers may slip out in my sleep!

Post Thanks / Like

Cook, I use to fish with a fellow years ago that snagged spoonbill and he would keep the eggs out of the big females and use them for catfish bait. Work real well and would stay on your hook better than you would think.
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

You picked the place to be for a shot at some true monsters.........might just see you up there.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by longliner View Post
    Cook, I use to fish with a fellow years ago that snagged spoonbill and he would keep the eggs out of the big females and use them for catfish bait. Work real well and would stay on your hook better than you would think.
    Pfish eggs were the best bait for Bluecat but, alas, they are illegal to use for bait in Mo now cuz of the Pfish poaching deal 15 or so years back where the eggs were used for caviar. After they busted the ring the trail went to S Dakota, to Kentucky, to NYC and then all the way back to Scilily. Go figger:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Cook better not use the eggs for bait. As I said it was several years ago. Thanks for the heads up leadshot.
    Monk