Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just a place I found ... FYI

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Just a place I found ... FYI

If anyone is interested - http://www.crappielures.com/

They have the plastic "Stickguards", "Paddlebug" bodies, Beetlespin bodies, CB "Slider" heads and bodies, Pony Head jigheads (Generic Roadrunners), and various tubes and grubs and "bugs" ........ :D

I haven't purchased from this site ... this is just a place I found while looking around the web. Just passing along the info .......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy sizzler grubs???

Crappiepappy do you remember this line of grubs put out by johnson baits called sizzler grubs? I know they dont make them anymore but a friend had a few left and gave me some and I really had lots of success untill I ran out. The thing I liked about them that most all grubs on the market dont have is a silver shine to the tails of the grubs. I know my friend really caught them on the chartruse color which he also ran out and only had pumpkin color left. Just wonder if you might have run up on any of these discontinued grubs anywhere? I have checked ebay often and ran several web searches without any luck!

Thanks
    spawner

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow No, Spawner ...

can't say as I do ... but, I have seen some curl tail grubs with silver tails - I just can't remember the brand name. I may have even seen some brand of tube, that had silver "tails" - but, don't quote me on that, either :rolleyes:
    If I happen to run across either of them, I'll check out who makes them and post the info.
    Have you checked the "Crappie Small Business Directory" link ... and seen if any of those people make a similar one ? Or even with some of the members that custom pour their plastics ? .......... luck2ya ........cp

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some nice silver tail jigs the other day, but cant remember the brand name. If I go back to the same store, I'll let you know.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking for the silver tails (that's what I call them) myself. Please if you find any post it. I had several colors but have ran out of everyone of them too. Chartruse was my best color too.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have orginal package has written on it "SIZZLER GRUBS" the brightest twisht -pat. pend soft silver process. On back written " there's never been a reflective soft-body like sizzler. Also they make shiny heads, beatle spin, bass buster and johnson's silver minnow. Maybe that will help.

Spawner

Post Thanks / Like

I found a web site for a Johnson Custom Baits and tried to email them but the email server at work blocked it. I guess I will have try when I get home. Her si the email address and web site link. I am not sure if that is the right Johnson Baits but it is worth an email to find out.

[email protected]

http://www.johnsoncustombaits.com/
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.