Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My latest

Post Thanks / Like

Default My latest

Here is my latest mold and baits. This is one I came up with myself. I love the way it looks in the water. I call it my Speartail Grub. It is 2 3/4" in length.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like it but I thinnk it would be better if it was shortened to 2 inches

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

They look great. I think those bigger baits will really pay off this year, if we ever get open water. Cant wait to share the boat with you buddy
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    I really like it but I thinnk it would be better if it was shortened to 2 inches
    I can make it shorter if it needs it. Ever fish Truman Lake? Big baits = Big Truman Slabs in the Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by MO QWACK View Post
    They look great. I think those bigger baits will really pay off this year, if we ever get open water. Cant wait to share the boat with you buddy
    I'm looking forward to it myself. March can't get here quick enough. Camp is gonna be a blast!! Where is this TOP SECRET bait you have been working on?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

No, I only fish Alabama and TN. We have some slabs here too. I just seem to do better on a little bit smaller bait. I have caught a few hogs on bigger baits though. Well I guess the thing is, the smaller the bait, the more I catch but might not land as many big ones. I catch my share though, or use to that is when I had time to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    No, I only fish Alabama and TN. We have some slabs here too. I just seem to do better on a little bit smaller bait. I have caught a few hogs on bigger baits though. Well I guess the thing is, the smaller the bait, the more I catch but might not land as many big ones. I catch my share though, or use to that is when I had time to fish
    I know what you mean. I was born and raised in Alabama and spent many a day on Weis, Neely Henry, Lay Lake, West Point, etc, etc. The bigger baits seem to do real well on Truman. I have tackle bags full of Slab Busters, Bobby Garlands, and various other 1 1/2" baits. I fish Slab Busters 90% of the time and do very well with them. However, there are times when a larger profile bait will outperform the smaller ones on Truman. I fish with a guy who will fish a 3" Rocky Top tube and then add a trailer to that. Good luck and I hope you get to get out more.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

thanks bwill, maybe if I ever get out of college I can get back to fishing.

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    I can make it shorter if it needs it. Ever fish Truman Lake? Big baits = Big Truman Slabs in the Summer.

I'm looking forward to it myself. March can't get here quick enough. Camp is gonna be a blast!! Where is this TOP SECRET bait you have been working on?
    I should start making my mold this week when all of my supplies comes in. Next week I hope to be in full production. It's taking awhile for me to figure out how to do it but I'm close... I don't think anyone has tried this before. If it goes as planned it will be way way cool
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

bwill, can you give a tutorial on how to make those kind of molds and what you use. Also Do you inject or pour those. I saw the baby shad style you posted over on bears site and I made some molds like that out of plaster and some out of rtv but did not know if you could pour such thin fine lines or if they needed to be injected.

Post Thanks / Like

I pour all my baits so far. The molds are made from fiberglass resin. Check out the "how to make molds" on Bear's and on crappie.com's "DIY Soft Plastics" forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast