Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Not Fishing But Well Worth the Look

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not Fishing But Well Worth the Look

Someone spent a lot of time on this and it is truly remarkable to all Vietnam Vets take a look. Someone sent me the link below which is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Viet Nam war with the names, bio's and other information on our lost comrades. It is a very interesting link, and those who served in that timeframe and lost friends or family can look them up on this site. Pass it on to other veterans who you think would like this.

First click on a state.......then when it opens .........a name.......then it should show you a picture of the person or at least his bio and medals.......

The Virtual WallŪ - Home of Record Index

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is great.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to the wall and I appreciate the reminder. There is only one name from my home town (Harry Chesser). I have a chilling story about the reporting of his death. My father and his father worked together and Harry and I were in Vietnam at the same time. One day at work about 8 am as the two fathers were gasing up vehicles to get out to work an Army Captain showed up and was directed inside the office and when he came out a supervisor pointed in the direction of the two fathers who had sons in Vietnam. They were closely observing all this as it was going on. Harry's father, as the Captian headed in their direction, said to my Dad "Well, which one is it?" Of course my still being here answers that question. Harry's Dad after receiving the news just threw his arms around my Dad and cried his eyes out. Not long after that my Dad had a heart attach. So this event had tremendous impact on these two close friends. Thanks for allowing me to reminisce ad thanks to all men and women who fight to protect our freedom.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

hard to look at
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have the red bracelets, flags, t-shirts normal things to remind folks. I've had the Virtual Wall as a link for many years.

I remember my sister having one of the original copper braclets, and after the soldier on hers was identified as remains recovered she requested through the POW/MIA organization asking for a way to contact the family so she could give them the braclet.

They agreed and my folks took here to Pennsylvania and she gave it to the family. It's something she's never forgotten, and no one else should either.

For years I received the Heart of Illinois POW/MIA newsletter booklet, these folks just don't give up with the information they give and the pressure they put on the government to recover soldiers remains, they fight for members of all wars. Hated to give it up but money problems knocked me out of donating.

Billbob great links you provide, thank you

Fatman