Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need help deciding where to go...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help deciding where to go...

Driving up from IL the first week of June. Wanted some input on where to go crappie fishing. We are trying to decide between OnAlaska Lake, Dubay lake, and Fox Lake. We have gone to Chetek, Rhinelander, and Chippewa Flowage in the past, looking for a change. I appreciate any and all comments.

Thanks,
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Try the Hayward area.Lots of great fishing around and a ton of lakes to choose from.You can check out these helpful links to help guide you in your decision.

Wisonsin's Oldest Bait & Tackle Store

Hayward Bait and Tackle - Wholesale Live Bait

Northern Wisconsin Vacations - Hayward Lakes Area Travel Planning, Lodging & Recreation Information!

Or...you could travel a little further west and hit the Minong area lakes.

Good luck.:D
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

Default re:

Out of the 3, which lake do you think would be the best shot? We are brining our own boat and want to stay on a resort on that particular lake...

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to live just north of Dubay lake. Fished it a few times but had better luck in the river. If I had only one place to fish the rest of my life for crappie, it would be lake Alice in Tomahawk Wi. Its only about 50 miles north of Dubay. Good luck to you. I sure wish I was going up there myself.

Post Thanks / Like

The third link would be my guess.Depending on if your going for slab crappies....I'd try the Chippewa Flowage....or you could try the many more smaller lakes with probably the smae results as the flowage....but also the many other cabin or lodge rentals...depends on your pocketbook also.Your choice though.Good luck in your search either way.:D
    CrappieMagnet