Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War Eagle 860 Gas Tank

Post Thanks / Like

Default War Eagle 860 Gas Tank

I went to a couple dealers yesterday looking at SeaArks and War Eagles. On the quote I got on a War Eagle 860 for a built in 18 gallon gas tank was about $470.

The guy stated they have tried using other gas tanks in them and had extreme trouble getting them installed to where you could have access to all three batteries and the gas tank itself.

So, for any of you that has a War Eagle, particularly the 860, what gas tank do you use?

Thanks-

Post Thanks / Like

I have a WarEagle 2060 with the built in tank. I would spend the extra money for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimeyslab View Post
    I have a WarEagle 2060 with the built in tank. I would spend the extra money for sure.
    Is it perfectly square or is it molded in a way to conform to the design of the boat? You wouldn't happen to have a picture of it by any chance?

Thanks-

Post Thanks / Like

I will go take a picture in a minute. Does the price they quoted you include everything like the fuel gauge, the sending unit, fill valve, vent, hose's,etc..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimeyslab View Post
    I will go take a picture in a minute. Does the price they quoted you include everything like the fuel gauge, the sending unit, fill valve, vent, hose's,etc..
    That's a good question and one I hadn't considered. I was getting a quote on the LDBR which comes with a lot of stuff you're going to end up buying anyways. The price he gave me should have included everything. I'm assuming all that is included, which makes it a little more reasonable. I was just thinking about the tank itself.

Post Thanks / Like

Best I could do

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you sir, much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like the aluminum tank War Eagle used. All new tanks should be plastic.

The LDBR is priced as a package boat not individually priced. The built in tank should be within the price of the boat.

The price of the 18 gallon built in tank does include the tank, gauge, hoses, sending unit, fill and vent. There is more to it than just a tank.

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you that an 18 gallon tank we use all the time in our boats (high quality plastic) is $175, INSTALLED! With all the trimmings minus a guage. It is guage ready, but the gauge itself is not included in that.
    ALuminum tanks do cost a fortune though. Under $500 is cheap acutally. I would make SURE it was an aluminum tank you are paying for. Not that it is better, it actually causes more condensation than plastic, but at least you would know you weren't getting hosed.
    If you want the one we get, I would be glad to give it to you at my cost.
    The tank measures 18 1/4" wide X 36 1/2 long X 7 1/4" high.
    Let me know if I can help you.

Kent
    225-294-9991

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kman View Post
    I can tell you that an 18 gallon tank we use all the time in our boats (high quality plastic) is $175, INSTALLED! The tank measures 18 1/4" wide X 36 1/2 long X 7 1/4" high.
    Let me know if I can help you.

Kent
    225-294-9991
    If that is a Moeller tank #032518 it will not fit because that boat only has 27 3/4" of space to fit. The tank needs to have an angled fill to fit under the deck. The price on those just recently went up also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast