Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best fishfinder for $700

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best fishfinder for $700

I recently sold an ATV. I told my wife what ever I sold it for is going towards a new depth finder. If you had 700.00 to spend what kind would you get and why. THANKS.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

I found my humminbird 798si with navionics card for 860 on ebay. I would save 160.
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Academy Sports has '' CUDA 300'' for 69.99 and the 350 map with GPS 199.99. Would save the rest or buy new tackle.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Split the cost between a quality $400. Lowrance model and an underwater viewing system (i.e.: Aqua View). The two used together will allow you to understand evaluate potential structure rapidly. Great learning tools.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

HB 788ci combo, built in GPS 650.00.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

just send it to me I would get a hds-5 then add the structure scan later down the road

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Man:

If you just need sonar, I just got a Humminbird 778c and it has a very comparable picture to my Lowrance HDS7. It retails for $499 but you can get it cheaper on the Internet. Here it is for $455 - http://www.boatersland.com/hum778c.html. You can add GPS to it if you ever want to but I like having a separate unit for GPS so I can use both at the same time without splitting the screen.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sparky197 View Post
    I found my humminbird 798si with navionics card for 860 on ebay. I would save 160.
    +1 And might find 'em for even less $ if you look hard. This gives you side scan, down imaging, 2D sonar and a combo 50 channel GPS with only one transducer!

I see them listed for under $800 on several websites! Use your google.
    Last edited by luvin.fishin; 02-06-2010 at 06:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake View Post
    Hey Man:

If you just need sonar, I just got a Humminbird 778c and it has a very comparable picture to my Lowrance HDS7. It retails for $499 but you can get it cheaper on the Internet. Here it is for $455 - Humminbird 778C Fishfinder - Humminbird 700 Series Fishfinders. You can add GPS to it if you ever want to but I like having a separate unit for GPS so I can use both at the same time without splitting the screen.
    I agree with Jerry. I have the 778C upfront and a 768 on the console, I have them linked together. They are both good units but the color fishfinder is the best it just shows so much more detail.

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I know that this idea is a bit pricy, but Bass pro's HDS series is the best that I've ever seen. I just saw it at Bass Pro Shop in Cinncinati last week. It shows such detail that I believe I'm going to have one as soon as I can afford it. I was told that it help to find two fisherman that had drown last year when every thing else had failed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast