Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiberglass Bass Boat for Crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Fiberglass Bass Boat for Crappie?

I just bought a bass boat with dual consoles. I plan on using it for trolling for crappie. My problem is " where or how do you store 14' poles? any comments appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Chodie, you can install "rocket launchers" around the pedistal on the back deck or design and build something similar to Sat's rack or I think it was Minner or Crappie101 that resently built one over on the MS board. Other than that, it's pile em in the floor between the consoles or strap them on the passener side front deck, to the outside of the console and again on the rear deck. Now, I'm assuming you don't want to break them down. In that case, some may fit in the rod box depending on your rod box length.

I've been piling them in the floor, but got a buddy building me a carrier for my boat.

Here's pics of Sat's below.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Wannabe...

What boat is that? I have a Tracker Tournament 17 that I bought from another CDC member over Christmas (still haven't been out cuz of this weather ). But, I noticed the double seats up front - is that a homemade mount or a brand? I like that, didn't think I'd have room for it, but this boat looks just like mine...???
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-05-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Look Good

Them look good but I would put a rubber coating on them to protect the rods from travel vibrations. I have the tip savers by driftmasters that work good.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like a wally marshall double down seat secured in the middle with a custom made pedestal.

Post Thanks / Like

WB do you know anyone makes the rocket launchers with alum tubing and alum plate? Or could be stainless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chodie1 View Post
    I just bought a bass boat with dual consoles. I plan on using it for trolling for crappie. My problem is " where or how do you store 14' poles? any comments appreciated.
    Monk's Crappie :: MonksCrappie.com :: 2150 TIP SAVER
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait View Post
    WB do you know anyone makes the rocket launchers with alum tubing and alum plate? Or could be stainless.
    Are these what you guys are calling "rocket launchers"?

Cabela's -- Polished Aluminum Rod Racks
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.

Post Thanks / Like

I just run them beside the passenger console and use the front and back floor straps to keep them down. prolly not good for the poles but I havnt had any problems doing it like this

Post Thanks / Like

kinda like the pic of the metal ones but I want mine all secured to a plate on the bottom instead of a bar along the backside like in the pic. I want to mount them behind my seats so the poles will stand straight up once I get to the lake. The pic you have is what I would call a rod holder. But very similar to what I call a rocket launcher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast