Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Couple of rigging ?'s

Post Thanks / Like

Default Couple of rigging ?'s

Is it just me or does the palomar knot seem to tighten down better and keep it's position on the jig head so you can keep it horizonal? Little harder for me to tie as I have a great many years using the improved clinch. Also when using a solid jig body and no-collar head other than using super glue how do you keep it up against the head? By the way you can go to the Ande site and get a free knot book, more to the fly and saltwater seems to me but good.

http://www.andemonofilament.com/
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

When using jigs that you need to sit horizontal, try a loop knot.
    The loop knot allows the jig to sit perfectly horizontal as long as the jig is balanced properly (no oblong heads or some such).

On plastic bodies, using a jig head that has a collar is a quick fix to keep your plastics from sliding down the hook. But, for the real deal use some super glue (I use Fishin' Glue in the little yellow/green bottle). It's just super glue with a fishin' name. :rolleyes:
    For added speed during fishin' time, glue up a bunch of plastic bodies to your jig heads on rainy days. That way you won't waste time on the water.

Hope that helps some.
    -Jeff
    <--Click for Website

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Schiller
    When using jigs that you need to sit horizontal, try a loop knot.
    The loop knot allows the jig to sit perfectly horizontal as long as the jig is balanced properly (no oblong heads or some such).

On plastic bodies, using a jig head that has a collar is a quick fix to keep your plastics from sliding down the hook. But, for the real deal use some super glue (I use Fishin' Glue in the little yellow/green bottle). It's just super glue with a fishin' name. :rolleyes:
    For added speed during fishin' time, glue up a bunch of plastic bodies to your jig heads on rainy days. That way you won't waste time on the water.

Hope that helps some.
    -Jeff
    Jeff, i tried that " glue up a bunch " method and found that it takes longer to tie on a new jig than it does to change body colors when you need to switch colors to catch fish. I dont use glue anymore. I found a jighead that holds the body on better and i can change them as needed in seconds. Try this site, www.lunkercity.com and scroll down to the jigheads.
    Last edited by chaunc; 12-01-2005 at 05:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Insider jig

I started using insider jig heads a few years ago and use them almost exclusively now. when using tube skirts the jig is completely hidden and the only thing exposed is the eye of the hook. Sure keeps the tube body on the jig.
    Joe

QUOTE=chaunc]Jeff, i tried that " glue up a bunch " method and found that it takes longer to tie on a new jig than it does to change body colors when you need to switch colors to catch fish. I dont use glue anymore. I found a jighead that holds the body on better and i can change them as needed in seconds. Try this site, www.lunkercitylures.com and scroll down to the jigheads.[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Linky no work.

Tying new ones on is easier for me.

Although, my original post was a little hypocritical, :p 'cause I never glue up an extra's either. I just used the collar jig heads and push 'em on there. If they come off, they come off. I just slide another one on there.
    <--Click for Website

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    I found a jighead that holds the body on better and i can change them as needed in seconds. Try this site, www.lunkercity.com and scroll down to the jigheads.
    Now those rule. I wonder where I can get a mold for those. ~scratching head~ :D
    <--Click for Website