Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crazy Question??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crazy Question??

Does any one night fish in the winter months??? If not why?? Too cold ect. why? I have been thinking about it.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

I use to do most all my night fishing in the winter. i would now if I had the time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    I use to do most all my night fishing in the winter. i would now if I had the time
    Did you do good, night fishing in the winter???
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

This winter has not been good because of all the rain we have had. The water is muddy and has been all winter. I fished three nights in a roll in Jan..
    The first night got down to 17 degrees and had no bites in two hours. The water was 35 and muddy!! Second night I fish another lake (these two lakes are back to back) and the temp got down to 22. Set up in 35 foot of water and after an 1 1/2 no bites but was pulling in some bait. Dropped my minnows down deeper and started catching fish at 20' deep. Caught 22 crappie, 2 striper's and 4 white perch. Water was 36.5 and hard stained.
    Third night fish lake #2 and fished 25' depth with fish biting at 10 to 12' deep. Total the third night was 12 crappie. Fished last night in lake #1 main body of water close to the dam because the water was clear and 48 degrees. Air temp was mid thirty's and didn't pull in bait or any crappie.
    It has been hit and miss all winter here with more misses than hits.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Best fishing is during the winter down here. Find deep water and shad and you will find crappie.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FroggerZ View Post
    Best fishing is during the winter down here. Find deep water and shad and you will find crappie.
    I love fishing in the winter. We catch some nice size crappie in the cold months. This year has just been slow here, doesn't mean we stopped fishing.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

The funny thing is, it depends on where I am night fishing. Some areas I fish I hardly ever catch them during the day and only catch them at night. Then other areas I catch them during the day and do not catch them at night. Depending on the area and conditions I have had great success night fishing in the winter.