Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need help with structure placement

Samsonian Guest

Default Need help with structure placement

Hi everyone , this is a great web sight. I need some help. I'm planing on putting out some brush piles. The reservoir I fish is very clear and busy with boaters. I would love to put out some brush on main lake points but I would get rocked by other boaters. There are some big coves that are deep. Some as deep as 50 ft. Think I could catch any crappie in the summer and winter in these coves or are the crappie going to be out in the main lake? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

i think the points would be good places to fish along with the coves.
    you might consider nightstalking, the lake wont be so busy at night and
    you can pretty well fish where you want. if you are going to fish the coves i would put the brush along the drop off to the deeper water. i'm partial
    to nightstalking when it comes to crappie. some of the other guys would be
    better regarding fishing in the daytime.
    best regards
    chef

Post Thanks / Like

Samsonian,First of all Welcome Aboard!!!One thing to think about when putting out "structure' on a Reservoir is: Drawdown,and if this will affect where you put it.Here that"s a big thing.Right now for me to put it where the water would be normally 10-20 ft., in alot of places it would be on bare ground now!If the coves constantly hold deep water i"d say there a good bet,the crappie should be there.
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com