Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: They are filling O'dessa!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up They are filling O'dessa!

DNR began filling O'dessa last Thursday. I went down on Friday, and Saturday without much to report, so I didn't. The water was still blasting through the gates too quickly for the Crappie to hold there in numbers.

Monday, the canal is getting closer to being level full at the walk over bridge, and the current is beginning to settle down some. DNR plans to shut some or all of the gates soon. Fishing above the foot bridge (river side) produced huge numbers of fish. Most were small fish though. I took home 25, and my best would have weighed about 12-13lbs for the top 10.

Pink was definitely big daddy! Glow Chartreuse had been good too. Midday - Clear w/purple and Blue flake was the producer. I did not take part in killing minnows, but man the mosquitos! LoL! I am still itching.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Tim, was it shoulder to shoulder yet? Might run down tomorrow and have a look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by herb
    It wasn't when I was down there last. But that could be a lot different now. I would try during the week for the least company. I wish I could get back down, but I am locked in to fishing a bunch of Fall tournaments, and won't be able to. Best of luck to ya, it you go!

<,"}/>{ Rippa

Post Thanks / Like

Default What going on at Odessa?

Quote Originally Posted by herb
    Herb/Tim
    What's going on over there? IDNR report says Odessa's "full". The guys at work say you can still walk across it. Is it full or is it as full as they'll let it get? Finally getting caught up around here and want to get the boat back out. My guys tell me some are being caught at Rathbun 4-6' on brush piles.
    Roger
    If everyone concentrated on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Roger,
    I've only had time to check out the lower end. It's only a five minute drive for me. Looks like they can put another foot of water in before it gets to normal fall levels. Not sure if they're done letting it in or not, but it doesn't look like it's been added to for several days. I know a couple guys who've hit it every day they can, which is about every day.
    'limits would be nice in Ia.'
    Haven't had a chance to get out. Hope Rathbun gets some decent ice this year.
    cya

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Herb, if you hear or see anymore, give me a haller. I'd like to slip over to Rathbun or Mark Twain, soon as I get caught up cuttting wood (as if THAT'S a possibility).
    Roger
    If everyone concentrated on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Good to see you back on the board Jigman!

Quote Originally Posted by Jigman
    thanks Herb, if you hear or see anymore, give me a haller. I'd like to slip over to Rathbun or Mark Twain, soon as I get caught up cuttting wood (as if THAT'S a possibility).
    Roger
    I have'nt got down to O'dessa or Rathbun lately. Tournaments have been taking all of my fishing time. I think Rathbun should be done turning over, LOZ, and Clinton were just getting ready to, and Patoka already has. LOZ this weekend -fish were still down 14- 20' most of the day, with some feeding heavily at 3-5' on shad.

I am done with tournys for the rest of the month. Let me know if you want to go wet some lines together Roger. <,"}/>{ Rippa AKA Tim F.

Post Thanks / Like

They're putting some more water in the lake now. Must have come up another 10" or so. Might add another 6" before they shut it off. Sure would be nice if they left it at this height year round.

Post Thanks / Like

I took a drive Tue by the lake on the way to work. Looks like it could use some more water but it wasn't as low as I'd been told. I drove to the upper pipes. LOTS of water coming in. Nobody fishing up there then. If they keep the pipe open, it won't take long to fill it up.
    Roger

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Odessa today. I wanted to run some stabilizer through the motor. The water temp was 57-58 deg. I got into Yankee after "slithering" through 1'-1.5' of water. Yankee had 3'-5'. Couldn't buy a crappie in my favorite spots there. "Slithered" back out and ran down to Buris Ditch. Good water in it, anywhere from 4'-6'. Spent about 2 hours there - nothing, not even a bump. Worked my way back up towards Sand Run - nothing. Spent about 5 hours on the lake, and didn't even see a duck. Well it was nice getting out, the lake was like glass, took a coat, but didn't wear it. What a beautiful day!!!! :D
    Roger