Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Quick Injection Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick Injection Question

I received some stuff today and began to look at my new equipment and came up with a few questions. I have a 2 piece aluminum mold and a small injector. The mold port small hole diameter is about 5/16 inch and the nozzle on the injector is about 1/4 inch. They don't fit snug and I assume they shouldn't, am I correct? I am really new to this and don't want any hot plastic to shoot out all over the place especially on me. When prepping, should I put anything on the mold itself to prevent sticking or making for easy removal of the bait? What about the O-Ring on the injector, should it be sprayed with some type of lube? I have some plastic from Bear Baits (CPC-2101 Soft) and was planning on using a small pot to heat in, will there be a lot of fumes? How dangerous is using this plastic (fume wise)? Thanks for any replies with advise.
    "Insanity is inherited, you get it from your kids."

Mike Epperson

Post Thanks / Like

if your mold and injector are from bear you should have no problem. plastic left on the tip of the injector from filling it will seal the mold. Dont force it, just use little pressure and wear gloves. Nothing is needed on the mold to prevent sticking. Just coat the orings every so often with oil and you will be fine. I have thousands of injections on bears injector and have had no problems at all. When heating there will be fumes, less if you use the microwave. work in a ventilated area. IF your plastic gets to hot it will burn and put off toxic gas. Dont breath it in.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I was just a little nervous because the nozzle is the offset kind and has a little wiggle room. From the videos that I've watched on different sites it looked the the nozzle fit down inside pretty snug.
    "Insanity is inherited, you get it from your kids."

Mike Epperson