Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hi-Tek Rod Holder Rod Keeper

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi-Tek Rod Holder Rod Keeper

Callshy wanted me to post this! This is the method I use to make sure my rods stay in the holder when pulling straight out the back. My rods are positioned downward at a fairly steep angle to get the tips close to the water as possible. Getting the rod out of the holder is a snap. A normal lift clears the rod from the holder without any obstruction. With my rods positioned like this and the boat behind the truck on level ground, I can stand 20' behind the boat and jerk my line in any direction including straight up as hard as I can and cannot pulled it out of the holder.

Dad & I came up with this a long time ago when we used to guide.

I've said it before and here it is again! I've had them all! Homemade, DriftMaster, WalMart & TiteLoks! Hi-Teks are as good as their is!!!!!

Let me add one other thought! For everyone that has their holders mounted for front poling that drives their boat where their rod holders obstruct part of their view. These holders cause less obstruction to blocking your view than any other on the market. Think about your safety and that of your partner, fellow angler, etc.

I always told Scott that they looked to simple to be so good.

Name:  Bolt on Rod.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  33.5 KB

Name:  Bolt Positioned in Holder.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  35.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Now I like that idea big time!!!
    Have to get me some bolts tomorrow.
    I lost a cheaper rod last year trolling out the back but with this idea,,,,,,, I'm sticking some on my rods this week!!
    Thanks for the easy idea!! what size bolt did you use??
    Last edited by laserdoc; 02-03-2010 at 09:11 PM.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What size bolt works the best? One of Callshy's Pro Staffers told me to angle my back holders up just a little for trolling out the back of the boat. I did this and then pulled on the line like you did and the rod did not move.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Default Size Not Sure!

Not sure of the size. I think it takes a 9/16" or 3/4" wrench to fit it. The length is not that important other than to have something to help keep bolt head in line. It really works!