PDA

View Full Version : New Son Update

skiptomylu
02-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Well Randy has been in surgery two times, one last week to see what was going on and then one yesterday to cut off what needed to come off. First last week when they got in they found 2 very old stitches and they were really big ones unlike what you would see at the skin level. These were for attaching stuff like the ligaments and what ever. These have been the root of the constant infections so that each time he would get on heavy antibiotics they would think it was gone, but not so since the fibers of the stitches held some deep inside them and would then reinfect his leg.

after that they left his leg open and just packed and wrapped it until the final surgery yesterday. Oh they also found that his bone bridge (which they had thought was taken out the last time they went in) still in his leg, but it had a crack in that bone plus an exposed nerve that also was giving him a lot of pain at time. So the bridge is gone and they took 3/8" of an inch of leg bone off to get back to good bone and fixed the nerve. Doctor said he mush have gone through a lot of pain at times with both of these problems.

Well now this Doctor said that after this and it heals he should not have any more trouble and be like a new man. It is snowing up there and he said it is beautiful and wanted to take some pictures. They are supposed to get another foot of snow Friday or Saturday.

Hopefully this will soon be behind him and us. Thank goodness he got recommended to this Doctor. His attitude is very high right now with anticipation of this long painful road is at an end and now the new him will soon emerge.

Thanks to everyone's prayers and great thoughts. He and we really appreciate it!

Skip

STUMP HUNTER
02-03-2010, 10:53 AM
We never know the pain someone is going through. I hope and pray that this will fix his troubles. Prayers and thoughts are with y'all.

skiptomylu
02-03-2010, 02:28 PM
You are right Stump Hunter, unless someone has been through something near the same type pain they will never know. There is a thing such as bone pain just like there is a thing called nerve pain. Since I have experienced both from my back surgeries I feel for himn knowing he found out what I learned in 1989. Both are things I don't wish on anyone.

Thanks,
Skip

jaxsprat
02-03-2010, 03:16 PM
We never know the pain someone is going through. I hope and pray that this will fix his troubles. Prayers and thoughts are with y'all.
Let's pray that the good lord had a hand in pickin this Doc also.

Hat55
02-03-2010, 03:23 PM
The Good Lord does answer prayer! Am so thankful for the good report.

shipahoy41
02-03-2010, 04:37 PM
The Good Lord does answer prayer! Am so thankful for the good report.

Amen! My prayers are still with you and your son.

Bob # 1
02-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Prayers are with him and family

"G"
02-03-2010, 05:00 PM
My prayers are with him and the family also.

catman
02-03-2010, 06:42 PM
best wishes for your son, he deserves some good news.

rcfillingham
02-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Thats great news. As always, the Fillingham family's prayers are with this true American hero!

Fatman
02-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Skip

I hope that this is the last surgery he has to have as he's been through so much already. Continued good thoughts coming both your ways!!!!!

Hang in there buddy, and send our best to the son

Fatman

Don G
02-03-2010, 08:33 PM
I hope & pray that this is it with the surgery...My goodness Randy has been through a lot....He is one tough young man..

Send a hello his way for Doris & me..

Quicksilver1958
02-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the update Skip.

Randy will remain in our prayers

STUMP HUNTER
02-03-2010, 10:29 PM
You are right Stump Hunter, unless someone has been through something near the same type pain they will never know. There is a thing such as bone pain just like there is a thing called nerve pain. Since I have experienced both from my back surgeries I feel for himn knowing he found out what I learned in 1989. Both are things I don't wish on anyone.

Thanks,
Skip

I know all about the back pain. Had a tree fall on me in 76 and nothing they can do. Ran more test this year just to see if there was something new to try but there isn't. Hard to tell someone how bad the pain is at times. Did find a heart problem doing all the test and at least got the old ticker fixed :):) God does look after us :)

Ferdi
02-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Hey Skip, that's about the best news a fellow could ask for. I'm tickled for Randy, too many times they don't find the root of the problem and just keep cutting. Now maybe he can get on the road to recovery and get his leg and start enjoying life again. Give him our thoughts and will keep the prayers going for him Ferdi aka Fred

whackmaster
02-04-2010, 12:12 AM
I wish your son all the best and I know as a father you have been through alot too...God bles both of you.

Redy2Fish
02-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Skip,
Thanks for the great update, hope and pray that this is it and the healing proces is over and done real soon!

HARLEYBOY
02-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Good News Skip,My prayers are with you and your son.

DKR
02-04-2010, 09:30 AM
prayers for your son & family.

Herewego
02-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Prayer to you and son.

gabowman
02-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Let's just hope and pray this is the end to your son's pain and suffering. Cause the Good Lord knows he's been thru enough already.

jmh58
02-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Prayer and well wishes.. Tell Randy we are all pulling for him as this is the end of the bad and all good from here forward!! John