Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: confused

Post Thanks / Like

Default confused

live on the miss. side just a few minutes away from longview lake and have been fishing it for years, maybe a gluttin for punishment but convenient. have been fishing the docks the past few weekends and can catch many 4-6 inchers but very few keepers. the fish are thin and always have been. some of the small fish have eyes the size of the keepers, is this a sign of being stunted as i have heard? you would think eventually a year class would grow up !! I have a 73 mercury outboard, seems to run fine but will not idle or run at slow trolling speed. anyone have any ideas other than replacement ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by large E View Post
    live on the miss. side just a few minutes away from longview lake and have been fishing it for years, maybe a gluttin for punishment but convenient. have been fishing the docks the past few weekends and can catch many 4-6 inchers but very few keepers. the fish are thin and always have been. some of the small fish have eyes the size of the keepers, is this a sign of being stunted as i have heard? you would think eventually a year class would grow up !! I have a 73 mercury outboard, seems to run fine but will not idle or run at slow trolling speed. anyone have any ideas other than replacement ???
    You can tell how old your Crappie are by taking a scale sample and looking at it under a magnifying glass of microscoper, the scalaes will have annular rings like a tree.... off hand I would say your fishery is overfished instead of stunted, yanno... the folks that fill the coolers and only throw back the ones they have to!

As far as you outboard, tune it up!!!... new plugs, fuel filter, change the oil and filter, change the foot lube, check your owners manual for lubrication points and maintainence schedule!!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Ga.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.