Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falls Lake Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Question Falls Lake Crappie

Hi all, I am new to the board as of today. Would like some info from anyone about the crappie at Falls lake. If you could tell me what people are using as far as bait or jig colors will be a great help. Haven't fished there for about 21 years and want to know how the winter fishing is, and are they of any good size. Is the fishing good anywhere around the Hwy. 50 bridge and are there brush piles around the bridge? Would also like to know the size and creel limits, if any, and is there a launching fee?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slappiecrappie View Post
    Hi all, I am new to the board as of today. Would like some info from anyone about the crappie at Falls lake. If you could tell me what people are using as far as bait or jig colors will be a great help. Haven't fished there for about 21 years and want to know how the winter fishing is, and are they of any good size. Is the fishing good anywhere around the Hwy. 50 bridge and are there brush piles around the bridge? Would also like to know the size and creel limits, if any, and is there a launching fee?
    Slappiecrappie

There is no size or creel limit on Falls Lake. Right now there is no fee at the Hwy. 50 launch, That changes come spring though... I have not fished Falls since around the first of the year, but when I fish there I have good luck down by the New light Road Bridge, fishing From the Bridge out around the No wake Bouy. My Favorite color for this lake is Chartruce and orange, tiped with a white nibble.

Hey, Welcome to the site!
    I hope thise helps and Good Luck!

-REDBOAT

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome from High Rock Lake

Post Thanks / Like

WELCOME FROM OLIVIA NC!
    GET IN, SIT DOWN, HOLD ON, AND BE VEWY VEWY QUITE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Holly Springs
    I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, We have been spoiled the last couple of years with mild winters and minimal rain/snow fall. It may take a while this year before Falls is fishable with good results. I fish the ledge rock area to the 50 bridge in the spring and 50 bridge to upper barton creek in the fall. Just keep reading the reports here, these guys will let you know when the bite picks up.

Just get him on, then we'll worry about getting him in!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome as well. I live near Falls Lake, but do all my crappie fishing on Jordan. The numbers and size of the fish make it worth the drive. I've never been able to find the 14" - 15" crappie in Falls like I have been able to get in Jordan. If you find some, please let us know.

Durham County... Falls Lake & Jordan are my home lakes
    Post Thanks / Like

Only been out on Falls one time a few weeks ago. The water was way up, stained and full of debris. We didn't catch a thing. It may be a while before it yields much because of the poor conditions. I live a lot closer to Falls but still drive to Jordan most of the time.

I have to say it seems Jordan ain't no picnic right now either. The crappie don't seem to be biting with any consistency anywhere right now due to the colder than normal temperatures and all of the rainfall. Goodluck with Falls... if you want a fishing buddy for falls some time send me a PM. It may be the blind leading the blind but better than fishing alone.

Post Thanks / Like

falls lake has been hit or miss lately. mostly miss.

keep an eye on the reports, but go when you have time. sometimes we get them when the reports say otherwise.

when the water warms up and the dogwood start to bud, fish trees in about 8' of water with a minnow about 4' under a cork. keep trying different timber untill you find one with fish in it.

with cold water tightline deep water hills and valleys with minnows. you need to move slow and low, which is tough this time of year because of wind.

feel free to PM me with any questions,

nate
    God bless America

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Catfish, NC! Yeah, Catfish is just outside of Claremont and Conover.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast