PDA

View Full Version : HELP...need puter expert..

KARL
11-30-2005, 09:11 PM
..since new software here....nothing works in post area..no bold type, no size options, no font options, no smilies---boo hoo...nothing, nada......
.....I have tried logging off site and logging back on...have tried restarting my puter...still nutting, nada, zippo...any thoughts???....when I put cursor on item just get arrow....no pointer finger..???

fatboy
11-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Try clearing all your cookies and temporary internet files, see if that helps

KARL
11-30-2005, 09:31 PM
...Thanks FB, but no luck...next??

fatboy
11-30-2005, 09:33 PM
Without being there to see it, I don't think I could be much help. There are plenty of guys on here who might be able to help you. Sorry

KARL
11-30-2005, 09:39 PM
Without being there to see it, I don't think I could be much help. There are plenty of guys on here who might be able to help you. Sorry....

no sweat FB, It's starting to get under my skin abit...going fishing in AM for therapy...

fatboy
11-30-2005, 09:46 PM
There ya go, maybe it will ease the stress a little. Save a few for the rest of us.

Fishin_Magician
11-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Has it been a long time since you have updated windows? If so maybe try updating windows to make sure you have the latest version of explorer. Just a wild guess but might be worth a try... If explorer is out of date might not be compatible with the new Crappie.com message board software.

update link : http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

~Fishin' Magician~

KARL
11-30-2005, 10:21 PM
thanks FM, I have auto updates... but tried link and did both custom and express updates....still no go...thanks for wild guess...used to call em WAG...wild azz guess..LOL......BTW I'm counting on ya to win the Black Lake Tx...my guess is 16# 6oz...love to get that bait pump...good fishin' to ya...also saw dem slabs on brag board...you da man..dem some HOGS...fish-ON...

Jerry Blake
11-30-2005, 10:24 PM
I just get an arrow too on all the tools above the box you type in but they work. For a lot of them you have to highlight the text first and then click on the tool. Now for the smilies on the right I get the "hand with pointing finger" symbol. They work too!:o :mad: :)

izzysfishin
12-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Everything seems OK here:D :) :p

horseshoer
12-01-2005, 07:05 AM
Go to START>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>SYSTEM RESTORE. You can
take your computers settings back however far you want. I have had some luck using it when I can't figure something out to just go back to the settings from 3-4 days previous. Don't know if this will affect your particular issue but worth a try. I have had my computer decide to do its own thing for no apparent reason and used it. Good luck.

Billy
12-01-2005, 07:55 AM
You said something about new software......what was it? Sounds like a browser problem to me. Billy

smedley
12-01-2005, 07:59 AM
:confused: :D Is this thing on?:p

looks like mine works

Billy
12-01-2005, 08:27 AM
My bad....just re-read your post about the software....HERE. sorry... Billy

Mo'nBack
12-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Karl; I had the same problem as you and just got it fixed. First I went to my "User CP" - Edit Options and went to the bottom and put it on "Test 2". Then just above that I clicked on "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" and saved changes. I then tried a response and still nothing worked. I then turned off my pop-up controls for this site. Leaving the setting like that, I then deleted my cookies and the files and offline files next to the cookies. I then tried to go back to the "User CP" and it said I wasn't logged in. I logged back in and tried a response and everything worked. You may have to make these changes and then logout and then log back in. Not sure what did it for me, but hopefully if you follow what I did it might help. I was about to go crazy for the last 2 days.:eek: :confused: :( :D

bhodges
12-01-2005, 09:36 AM
This is a Java issue. Update here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
Java is the programming language that allows those little buttons and things to show up and work in your browser.

fishingpox
12-01-2005, 04:37 PM
this is not pretty at all.

KARL
12-02-2005, 10:27 AM
..Thanks to Mo'nBack and bhodges for their suggestions....tried your reccomendations....but still no changes...Mo--I had tried some similar things you suggested before your post....great minds think alike, huh...LOL...when you say pop-up controls are you talking about PM notification???........bhodges...loaded Java also, but no help...Let me tell ya that took some time on dial-up!!!...

so still w/o smilies and ways to emphasize my point.....is anybody else having this problem.....something I did'nt mention in 1st post was that I'm on DIAL-UP!!!!...NET-ZERO is my provider.....thanks to all who have tried to help!!!!......So here I sit stuck in the boonies w/o a way to convey my emotions....boo hoo, woo is me...LOL
.....but really this suxs...
..so if anybody has NET-ZERO and dial-up how about some feedback...y'all got any problems...HELP...SOS..man overboard..!!!!!

Mo'nBack
12-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Karl; I'm on AOL dial-up and the pop-up control is part of AOL to keep down spam and pop-ups. I had the same trouble as you, but something in what I did fixed it. I wish I could help more. Sorry.:( :mad: :confused:

KARL
12-02-2005, 10:11 PM
...thanks just the same, BTW what version of windows are you running????...just trying to use the elimination method of TS...on the pop-ups I just wanted to be sure ...when I get ready to bang my head against the wall again....I may try some variation of your "code"......since you're the only one who has experienced my current battle with technology...LOL..sorta..

Mo'nBack
12-03-2005, 04:51 AM
Windows 2000 xp. (Now I'm going fishing!!) Good luck-Karl

roybuoy
12-03-2005, 07:41 AM
I Had To Hit Post Then Send Reply

KARL
12-03-2005, 10:37 AM
the tide has turned... :p ..I'm out of exile...I guess the rest of the software up date has set me free,, Thanks, ED..... :D .Now I can let my Freak Flag Fly....:eek:...Once again, THANKS to all who tried to help.....

Hey, Mo'nBack...good luck in the Tx....hope ya win...with 16#6oz my guess for pump...LOL....In closing; a special shout out for my puter gremlins for working all night to fix themselves.....with an assist to ED, of course....PEACE OUT...all is well here in boonie land...:cool: ..gotta go check on that pipe pumping in sunlight...

Mo'nBack
12-03-2005, 05:07 PM
It's good to not see any sad faces on your post finally!:D

Didn't fair too well on the tourney, but got a good mess of fish and had a real good time with some great people!! Got to meet a few more Crappie.com people and seen some fine fish (just not where we were). Treefrog has all the weights, so I'll let him give them out.