Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monday Night Fight!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday Night Fight!!!

I responded to a wanted add on Craigslist for an outboard motor and communicated with the to be buyer. While responding to the buyer I started building a picture of what this person may look like, like we all do. We plan to meet at my house tonight (first mistake) at 5:45 and he shows up at 6:45 while I am having dinner. I go to the door and yes he is what I expected to see. He says "i'm here for the motor...is it around back"? Being somewhat of a smarty I can be, I asked him did he get lost? He replied saying no, that it took longer than he expected. I replied "a whole hour"?... No the motor is around at the garage I will meet you there.
    I went into the garage and hit the garage door button to open it and before it got four feet off the floor this guys comes under the door looking for a fight.
    The hair stands up on my back and i'm ready to roll. I come down the steps ready to fight a bear and he is backing up. We exchange words and then my brain kicks in that I have a four year old inside, the neighbors are looking, and i'm to old to do this anymore. I ask him to leave several times as I am backing down and he is feeling taller every time I ask. I shut the garage door and go inside only to be met with call after call of him calling.

The point is to meet people somewhere other than your home and do not give them your number or e-mail.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-02-2010 at 08:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Good Stuff View Post
    The point is to meet people somewhere other than your home and do not give them your number or e-mail.
    Words to live by.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...good words. I just responded to a ad for a person wanting to buy Chinese ATV's. We are setting up a time to meet to see the one I have, and I can promise you...I will have something near that will take care of the situation. I am like you...I am to old to get down and fight on the ground any more.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank God for watching over me. I how sold several items from my house from craigslist and they all have been nice folks so far. I just got a call though from a guy asking too many questions and told him it was sold already. Be careful.
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!

Post Thanks / Like

two sh0ts to the face............done deal

That is odd though. Most criminals don't want to come to your house, much less come unarmed and looking to throw hands.

Adam

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I missed the point. why did the jerk want to fight you was it because you called out he was one hour late,

Post Thanks / Like

I dont understand. How did he get n the garage? I have sold stuff from my house, but after hearing this I wont anymore
    nothing beats time on the water

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    I guess I missed the point. why did the jerk want to fight you was it because you called out he was one hour late,
    Yeah, I think so. Being tardy is not something I like and the tone in my questions showed it. I look back at it now and question did I deserve some of it for being so anal, but he took it to far.
    The best way I could decribe him was TRASH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
    I dont understand. How did he get n the garage? I have sold stuff from my house, but after hearing this I wont anymore

He came to the front door and I asked him to meet me around the side of my house at the garage. I closed the door and went through the house to get into my garage. When I pushed the button to open the garage I saw feet before it was a foot off the ground and at about four feet he was ducking under it to come in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Micropterus salmoides View Post
    two sh0ts to the face............done deal

That is odd though. Most criminals don't want to come to your house, much less come unarmed and looking to throw hands.

Adam
    There was once a time that I would but it has been a while.

The thought of my daughter looking outside to see her daddy on the ground with this thug would not sit well with me tonight:o

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast