PDA

View Full Version : pic

rharbuck
02-01-2010, 03:34 PM
here are the pic. of out fish

mrwillis
02-01-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm really hoping that the poles that I'm looking at aren't the means by which you caught the fish. I'm not new to the game of fishing by any stretch, but this doesn't look 100% legit. If I'm wrong, I don't mean any offense. Just fill me in on what I'm looking at here, please.

rharbuck
02-01-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm really hoping that the poles that I'm looking at aren't the means by which you caught the fish. I'm not new to the game of fishing by any stretch, but this doesn't look 100% legit. If I'm wrong, I don't mean any offense. Just fill me in on what I'm looking at here, please. what poles these are lights for night fishing these are underwater lights we made for night fishing and there 100% legal

mrwillis
02-01-2010, 03:51 PM
No worries, then. I know that there are all sorts of "items" out there in order to enhance the catch. I know of someone around here that uses and old crank-style telephone to shock the crap outta the water and brings the fish right up. All I saw is the pole with the electric running to it...that's why I asked.
But, on another note...do the lights work well? We tried night fishing for the first time last year under a lantern that we hung off the boat side about 6 foot and about 2 foot over the top of the water. We didn't have much luck. OK...didn't have any luck. I would still like to try. Do your lights work in shallow water or is it only deep water? Fill me in, and once again, no offense...thanks for the explanation.

rharbuck
02-01-2010, 03:59 PM
No worries, then. I know that there are all sorts of "items" out there in order to enhance the catch. I know of someone around here that uses and old crank-style telephone to shock the crap outta the water and brings the fish right up. All I saw is the pole with the electric running to it...that's why I asked.
But, on another note...do the lights work well? We tried night fishing for the first time last year under a lantern that we hung off the boat side about 6 foot and about 2 foot over the top of the water. We didn't have much luck. OK...didn't have any luck. I would still like to try. Do your lights work in shallow water or is it only deep water? Fill me in, and once again, no offense...thanks for the explanation. yes they are the best thing ever for night fishing we cought 341 in 1 night using these lights i make them in 4 ft or 2 ft i will not go night fishing with out them

Jameslin
02-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I hope you don't have a limit on crappie you can catch in your lake or state there is a post out there now where 2 brothers got caught this past weekend in tn with 111 over the limit.I love catching crappie as much as anyone but dang keeping 341 why?Our kids and grand kids need to have fish to catch in the future and if everyone took that many a night then there would not be any left.great catch and glad your lights are working just leave some for the rest of us too enjoy.Sorry too vent on your post just got done reading the post about them guys from TN.

c1bigocarp
02-01-2010, 04:38 PM
yes they are the best thing ever for night fishing we cought 341 in 1 night using these lights i make them in 4 ft or 2 ft i will not go night fishing with out them

How did you afford that many minnows? I would be bankrupt! Nice catch. It looks like you have to plug these to 110v. Do you need an adapter?

rharbuck
02-01-2010, 05:42 PM
How did you afford that many minnows? I would be bankrupt! Nice catch. It looks like you have to plug these to 110v. Do you need an adapter?i make them in 12 volt or 110 we used jigs and live bait we don't go and try to do this all the time we were testing our lights and just wanted to see how good they would hold the fish there and how long when we left they were still going strong these are the best thing i have ever used for night fishing it takes about 45 min. to 1 hour after you put them in the water before they start but when they start it don't take long to get your 30 fish limit and go home i do go by the legal limit that was a 1 time thing thanks rharbuck

Phantom309
02-01-2010, 05:46 PM
341/30=11.4 people fishing..............
(Alabama crappie limit=30 pr person)
Alabama Fishing Limits and General Regulations (http://www.outdooralabama.com/Fishing/freshwater/regulations/)
Seems funny to me.........

rharbuck
02-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Alabama Fishing Limits and General Regulations (http://www.outdooralabama.com/Fishing/freshwater/regulations/)

i don't live in al. but i do know what the limit is and don;t need you to tell me what it is thanks any way !!!!!!!!!!

GCD
02-01-2010, 06:48 PM

The limit is the same in Georgia too... you'd have to have 12 people fishing to keep that many fish legally.:rolleyes:

slimeyslab
02-01-2010, 06:55 PM
This guy should do real well with his light making business.....lol...

CrappieKillerJigs
02-01-2010, 08:00 PM
i dont understand why you would need 341 fish...but then again i dont understand much...

sea-sons
02-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I think he's showing all these fish to sell his lights. Oh well, maybe he just fishes once or twice a month. Maybe you should be limited to a monthy limit and then you could catch a big mess once a month. That's the way I see it. But I do know that's not the way it is.

Jerry Blake
02-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Confucius say, "Much better to get fish hook in eye than post picture of illegal catch". ;)

CrappieKillerJigs
02-01-2010, 10:45 PM
i found this and this should help but i dunno who....

The purpose of this study is to help show the value of warm water fish nationwide and crappie in general. Throughout the U.S. there are a variety of regulations affecting warm water fish including size and bag limits. While 28 states allow the use of more than one rod, (some unlimited) they also allow trot lines, jug fishing, limb lines and yo-yo’s to harvest fish. Bag limits may include an aggregate with a variety of warm water fish. For this study I tried to confine it to number of rods, length and bag limits of crappie.

By Bill Egan

STATE
RODS
LENGTH
DAILY LIMIT
POSSESSION

AL
9”-10”
30 (Under 500 acres NL)

AZ
9”-10”
NL (San Carlos Res. 25)
NL

AR

10”-12”(NL)

CA
10”

CO
10”

CT
10”
NL
NL

DE

NL
50 (no more than 25 of any one type of panfish)

FL
NL
10 “

GA
NL

ID
NL
NL
NL

IL
3T-2B
9”
10-15-25
10-15-25

IN
NL
25 (NL)
25 (NL)

IA
NL
NL

KS
NL

KY

NL

LA

NL
50 (one lake 25)

ME

NL
NL
NL

MD
3-5ice
NL

MA

NL

MI
NL

MN

NL
20 (panfish no more than 10 crappie

MS
9”-10”-12”
5 over 10” 20”-30”)
7 x bag limit

MO
NL

MT

NL
NL
NL

NE
2-5ice
10”
30 (NL in April)

NV
NL
3-15 (NL)

NH
2-6ice
NL

NJ
8”
Delaware R NL-crappie/calico bass 10 total

NM

NL

NY
2-5ice
9”

NC
8”

ND

NL
40 (panfish no more than 20 any species)

OH
9”
NL
NL

OK
7 pole
10” min
One lake 2 over 16”, 15 special waters various limits state wide 37
37 limit

OR

8” Emigrant Res
NL (3 ponds 10)
NL

PA
9” 17 lakes

RI

NL
NL
NL

SC
NL

SD
NL
10-25 (Dec-Feb 3 x limit)
10-50

TX

10”
25 (Toledo Bend 50)
50-100

CrappieKillerJigs
02-01-2010, 10:46 PM
since your from ok you would still have to have way to many people in the boat....thats way over limit

Turtlebait
02-02-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm not going to judge,take fish hook out of eye and say its 2/3 days limit.

Not saying you were over but I know how easy it is to go way over your limit when every body is catching fish after fish.Fun fun until you realize the cooler want hold anymore fish then its what do we do now.

Would you share on how you make your lights?

gabulldog
02-02-2010, 07:19 AM
well since he said was him and his brother thats means he knew is over the limet by a ton but hey its not a big deal becouse was a one time thing yea right you to even be taking that many coolers out you planed on keepin that many not caring about others who fish that lake
why dont you post your name and lets see what the dnr thinks about your not a big deal was a one time thing

gabulldog
02-02-2010, 07:25 AM
oh wait there is his name and i like how he etided post to take the we cought 341 but wasnt a big deal

GCD
02-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Maybe he has a commercial fishing license for catching Crappie in Ga.?

... they have those don't they?:rolleyes:

Jerry Blake
02-02-2010, 07:53 AM
There are a few Wildlife Officers on this site - might be one or two from Oklahoma. That would make an interesting story.

Shellback
02-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Catching 341 fish in a night is one thing, but taking home or killing 341 fish is certainly a no no unless you had 11 or 12 people fishing. The picture leads one to believe 341 fish were kept. For all we know the catch could be just BS. I would hope a moderator will just delete this whole post, because it shows fishermen in a bad light, and I'm not talking about the night lights for sale. I hope the original poster refrains from advertising his product in a way that leads people to think he over harvests fish.

gabulldog
02-02-2010, 08:20 AM
he isnt in Oklahoma he is in ga

Jerry Blake
02-02-2010, 08:44 AM
he isnt in Oklahoma he is in ga

There's a Lake Eufaula in OK too. It's easy for law enforcement officials to find a person by their IP address - or at least the computer that was used to make a post with evidence of a crime.

abarkley
02-02-2010, 09:15 AM
It's Georgia. Check out the phone #

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/swap-meet-classified-ads/119890-underwater-fishing-lights.html

creekslick
02-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Someone was on here the other day wanting pictures of fish, well I believe we have proof.:eek:

J.E.Clayton
02-02-2010, 10:12 AM
CrappieKiller: State wide reg. lenght limit none, amount of crappie in your poc. is 37, rods are 7, some lakes 1 or 2. The falling lakes have a min. lenght of 10 inch with a max. of 15 keeped. Arbuckle, Ft. Gibson, Grand lake, Hudson, Longinie, Tenkiller. Lake Texoma 10 inch min. lenght, 37 keeped.

rharbuck
02-02-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm not going to judge,take fish hook out of eye and say its 2/3 days limit.

Not saying you were over but I know how easy it is to go way over your limit when every body is catching fish after fish.Fun fun until you realize the cooler want hold anymore fish then its what do we do now.

Would you share on how you make your lights? yes i will be glad to if you call me at 229-308-9629 or 229-942-0612 i will help you in any way i can thanks rharbuck

NIMROD
02-02-2010, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=CrappieKillerJigs;1014985]i found this and this should help but i dunno who....

The purpose of this study is to help show the value of warm water fish nationwide and crappie in general. Throughout the U.S. there are a variety of regulations affecting warm water fish including size and bag limits. While 28 states allow the use of more than one rod, (some unlimited) they also allow trot lines, jug fishing, limb lines and yo-yos to harvest fish. Bag limits may include an aggregate with a variety of warm water fish. For this study I tried to confine it to number of rods, length and bag limits of crappie.

By Bill Egan

STATE
RODS
LENGTH
DAILY LIMIT
POSSESSION

AR

10-12(NL)

In Arkansas the limit varies by area.
No limit on poles most waters.
Some lakes have 9'' or 10'' length limits.
Daily limits can be 15,20,30, or 50 depeding on the waters.
Possession limits are 2 x daily limit.

brazman
02-02-2010, 04:42 PM
1. Hey, Jr. Game Wardens! Did he ever claim he was fishing by himself? Has noone ever been fishing with 6 other people before? I've got news for you: Several times I've been fishing at OH Ivie here in Texas for our monster sand bass. We bring as many coolers as we can fit in the boat, because we plan to fish all night. When you begin fishing at 7pm on one day and go home at 7am the next day, you're allowed two limits of fish, as long as you take what you've caught in the evening back to the truck, use seperate coolers, tape the coolers shut and write the date on the tape.

This guy is talking about going fishing at night, which means he legally can keep a pm limit and an am limit, as long as he doesn't go over his possession limit. So put away your badges, and let the guy prove how well his fishing lights work.

2. Rharbuck, I already have a submersible green light 4', but I'm wondering how you deploy it at the lakes you fish. I've seen it used two ways, either weighted on one end and hanging vertically in the water, up near the surface. Also, weighted equally on both sides and hanging horizontally about a foot under the surface. I've also thought about weighting it on one end and letting it sink down nearer to the bottom in 10-15 ft of water. Is there any rhyme or reason to how you use it, and do you ever change up how you're deploying it, or do you just use it the same way every time, or does it matter?
Thanks, and keep up the good work!

NIMROD
02-02-2010, 05:20 PM
1. Hey, Jr. Game Wardens! Did he ever claim he was fishing by himself? Has noone ever been fishing with 6 other people before? I've got news for you: Several times I've been fishing at OH Ivie here in Texas for our monster sand bass. We bring as many coolers as we can fit in the boat, because we plan to fish all night. When you begin fishing at 7pm on one day and go home at 7am the next day, you're allowed two limits of fish, as long as you take what you've caught in the evening back to the truck, use seperate coolers, tape the coolers shut and write the date on the tape.

This guy is talking about going fishing at night, which means he legally can keep a pm limit and an am limit, as long as he doesn't go over his possession limit. So put away your badges, and let the guy prove how well his fishing lights work.

!Would not try that in Arkansas.

Daily Limits – A daily limit is the number of fish of one species (or group of species) allowed to be taken from midnight to the next midnight. Fishermen are allowed to have only one daily limit of fish while fishing or returning from a one-day fishing trip.

brazman
02-02-2010, 05:41 PM
An overnight fishing trip is not a one day fishing trip, not calculated as 24 hours from the time you start out to the time you finish. If you fish any part of one day, you are allowed a limit for that day. If I fish from 11pm to 12am, I'm allowed a limit of fish for that day (Tuesday). If I continue to fish, I'm allowed a limit for the next day (Wednesday) IF I make a distinction between the fish I caught Tuesday and the fish I caught Wednesday, i.e. the seperate coolers marked for the days, one in the truck and one in the boat. Most people don't go to such measures to keep fish but it would be legal. That's why there's a possession limit. Twice the daily limit.

rharbuck
02-02-2010, 07:02 PM

2. Rharbuck, I already have a submersible green light 4', but I'm wondering how you deploy it at the lakes you fish. I've seen it used two ways, either weighted on one end and hanging vertically in the water, up near the surface. Also, weighted equally on both sides and hanging horizontally about a foot under the surface. I've also thought about weighting it on one end and letting it sink down nearer to the bottom in 10-15 ft of water. Is there any rhyme or reason to how you use it, and do you ever change up how you're deploying it, or do you just use it the same way every time, or does it matter?
Thanks, and keep up the good work!thanks i see a lot of haters on here but it is ok we know they have never droke any limit they are all saint's lol we weight 1 end on 1 to go almost to the bottom and 1 weighted on 1 end to go just a foot under water in fresh water in salt water we weight 1 end to go about 100 ft down we fish a reef that is 140 ft deep it works good that way thanks rharbuck

kincade
02-02-2010, 08:50 PM
legal - not legal.....I will keep my opinions to myself. Looks like you caught some nice fish though. I'd like to get me one of those lights. How much for a small one?

kincade
02-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Confucius say, "Much better to get fish hook in eye than post picture of illegal catch". ;)

Jerry, your always coming up with stuff like this. You should write a book. lol

Jerry Blake
02-02-2010, 08:55 PM

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

1. He readily admits being way over his limit.

2. It is every sportsman's duty to report game and fish violations. I guess that makes every one of us "Jr. Game Wardens".

Cracker68
02-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Looks like alot of dinks in there...

GCD
02-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Looks like alot of dinks in there...

... and there's an Al./Ga. reciprocal agreement on a 9" minimum limit on lake Euafula!!!

... but who's going to pay attention to a length limit if you're going to ignore the creel limit???

Yes Sir Mr. Game Warden!
I'm 281 over my creel limit... but they're all legal length!!!

.. doesn't that count for something???

abarkley
02-02-2010, 11:00 PM
i make them in 12 volt or 110 we used jigs and live bait we don't go and try to do this all the time we were testing our lights and just wanted to see how good they would hold the fish there and how long when we left they were still going strong these are the best thing i have ever used for night fishing it takes about 45 min. to 1 hour after you put them in the water before they start but when they start it don't take long to get your 30 fish limit and go home i do go by the legal limit that was a 1 time thing thanks rharbuck

Give me a badge. I guess I'm a Jr. game warden too.

mopar4x4
02-02-2010, 11:38 PM
You say you wanted to see how good they worked thats fine you can catch and release your not gonna catch the same ones over and over again and were haters cause you broke the law. There are plenty of people here that can catch that many crappie we just choose not to keep every one we catch

WestTennCrappie
02-03-2010, 06:21 AM
This is very bad.

I have no problem saying I hope this man gets punished. To come on here and say you caught 341 crappie, admit your you way over your limit, and say its cool cause it was a one night thing is absurd.

This is the most rediculous thing I have ever seen. You sir, in my opinion, are dispicable and a sorry excuse for a sportsman. I hope you get caught. I also hope to never see you on crappie.com again :)

NIMROD
02-03-2010, 10:28 AM
An overnight fishing trip is not a one day fishing trip, not calculated as 24 hours from the time you start out to the time you finish. If you fish any part of one day, you are allowed a limit for that day. If I fish from 11pm to 12am, I'm allowed a limit of fish for that day (Tuesday). If I continue to fish, I'm allowed a limit for the next day (Wednesday) IF I make a distinction between the fish I caught Tuesday and the fish I caught Wednesday, i.e. the seperate coolers marked for the days, one in the truck and one in the boat. Most people don't go to such measures to keep fish but it would be legal. That's why there's a possession limit. Twice the daily limit.

Guess it depends on state, but in Arkansas you can only keep 1 limit. This from a question I asked on face book to AGFC.

Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Ca, everyone seems to agree that your daily fishing limit is considered from sunrise to sunrise even though your license begins at midnight. So if you went fishing at sunset and fished to sunrise you would be allowed one daily limit of fish.

brazman
02-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Guess I'll stay fishing in texas, then.

I also retract my defense of the accused, didn't realize he'd admitted to being over and thought everyone was jumping down his throat based on assumptions.
I'm glad your fishing light works, but it's not worth going to jail over to prove it works.

deathb4disco
02-03-2010, 11:13 AM
This is the most rediculous thing I have ever seen.

Agreed. I knew something was strange when a "pic" thread got this many responses.

I love these two statements:

these are underwater lights we made for night fishing and there 100% legal

we cought 341 in 1 night using these lights i make them in 4 ft or 2 ft i will not go night fishing with out them

Translation: "Whenever I exceed the legal limit, I always make sure I do it in a legal fashion."

:rolleyes:

deathb4disco
02-03-2010, 11:26 AM
It's Georgia. Check out the phone #

Yes, his Myspace page says he lives in Georgetown which is on the GA/AL Lake Eufaula.

azslabber
02-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Has he sold any lights to any of you giys,lol.

Crappie Reaper
02-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I don't think that overnight, one trip, two day limit would fly here in Oklahoma. Our Game Wardens are ruthless when it comes to catching violators. It was a good mess of fish, but anyone on earth could catch that many if in the right spot, right time. Sounds like the lights did the trick for you. As for the guy who was talking about catching and KEEPING Sand bass, lol, go right ahead. We need more people ridding the lakes of the trash fish. I would listen to the people giving fair warnings when it comes to limit violations. If it was Oklahoma, and you were caught, I believe it's $75 per fish. You would do better to cull out the smaller ones and you would still have a very nice mess of fish.

Crappie Reaper
02-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Agreed. I knew something was strange when a "pic" thread got this many responses.

I love these two statements:

Translation: "Whenever I exceed the legal limit, I always make sure I do it in a legal fashion."

:rolleyes:

I like the English, reminds me of a recent Prayer I heard where the giver said Corpsemen while speaking to his subordinates. As Ron White said, "you can't fix stupid".

GRIZZ
02-05-2010, 01:00 AM
1. Genius posts a pic of illegal catch on CC.

2. Genius is trying to sell his lights so he posts his email address and phone number in several of his posts on the forum and admits the catch is illegal.

3. CC is full of rabid law abiding crappie anglers.

4. Genius gets arrested.

5. CC laughs and cheers.

6. Story get written about idiot light builder.

7. Story gets posted on the same thread.

8. Grizz wonders how people get through life being so stupid.

Crappie Reaper
02-07-2010, 12:02 AM
1. Genius posts a pic of illegal catch on CC.

2. Genius is trying to sell his lights so he posts his email address and phone number in several of his posts on the forum and admits the catch is illegal.

3. CC is full of rabid law abiding crappie anglers.

4. Genius gets arrested.

5. CC laughs and cheers.

6. Story get written about idiot light builder.

7. Story gets posted on the same thread.

8. Grizz wonders how people get through life being so stupid.

You forgot one word.....
Priceless!

slimeyslab
02-07-2010, 12:29 AM
You forgot one word.....
Priceless!
:):)

CrappiePappy
02-07-2010, 02:49 AM
... has sufficiently tied his own noose, and pulled the lever. No need to continue this thread. But, I won't delete it ... I'm simply locking it from further comments.

... cp :cool: