Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: just a thought...

Post Thanks / Like

Default just a thought...

My daughter is 5 now, and she has been fishing with me since she was 2 when we caught and put bluegill in our large backyard plastic landscaping pond and fished for them out of her little Dora lawnchair and Dora fishing pole and she has been sold ever since. Today she is sick, and couldn't go to preschool, and I stayed home with her. First thing she wanted to do is her "fishing box", which is pretty loaded already. But, we ended up getting out a couple of my crappie tackle boxes that she wanted to look in and "filled" hers a little more. We spent 2 hours doing this, and I wouldn't trade this time with her for anything.
    I am a youth minister, and love to take kids fishing. But, as much as I love the kids I work with, my kids come first (and should). Be sure to take time and share your interest with those you love, and become interested in the things they love, as well as sharing your love with them. Just saying...I am blessed with the family that I have and the time they allow me to go fishing. But, being that my wife isn't a "avid" fisherman, I don't push it. But, I make sure that she gets her time to do what she likes, too.
    You may not agree with this, but it is just a thought that I've had.
    Last edited by mrwillis; 02-01-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i agree 100%....
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I agree also.

Hat55 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You are doing the RIGHT thing! You will take a 15min. nap and she will be 21.

Minister fo 30 years.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Very well spoken. My dad worked all the time. He ran his own business (by himself), and worked 12 - 16 hour days, 6 and 7 days a week, so we did not have a whole lot of time to spend together. My dad passed away when I was 21 years old. Another 21 years have since passed, and the most awesome childhood memories I have are of the time he did manage to take out to fish and hunt with my brother and me.

Now it is my turn. My almost 10 year old daughter and I started camping and fishing together when she was 3... it is awesome.

Nowadays, most of us don't have to work 80 hour weeks, but life is hectic, and it is very easy to get so caught up in the day-to-day struggle that we forget to make time for our children. I cannot imagine any of life's regrets being worse than allowing your children to grow up, and recognizing that you didn't take that time out, and spending REAL quality time with them.

Children are truly one of the greatest of God's blessings!!!