Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a mold

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a mold

Hey guys, I'm looking for a specific mold and can't find it anywhere. I want a mold for a 3/4 to 1 inch grub without the tail. I would prefer a 2 piece to inject so that there are no flat sides to the grub, but will settle for a one piece. I have found one on Lurecraft but it is a one piece and I can't tell by the pic if it is the one I want so I am a little reluctant to order it. I want to make the bodies similar to the ones found on bluegill and redear baits like the Gillcracker, Shelton Jigs, and the Brim Reaper. I know that people can make homemade molds from various materials but I wanted to try and find one first. Any ideas? Any info would be appreciated.
    "Insanity is inherited, you get it from your kids."

Mike Epperson

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that would be easy to make like you want it, worse come to worse you can get a curly tail mold and fill what you don't want in with epoxy or something
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

look at bearsplastics, look at the stick mold TIPS. it may fit the bill for what your looking for

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MO QWACK View Post
    I think that would be easy to make like you want it, worse come to worse you can get a curly tail mold and fill what you don't want in with epoxy or something
    Yeah, I have thought of that and will keep it in mind. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by crappieday View Post
    look at bearsplastics, look at the stick mold TIPS. it may fit the bill for what your looking for
    I tried a google search on bearplastics and couldn't find a site. Could you give a feller a link.

Mike Epperson

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Crappieday, those might work depending on the diameter at the top. They are the closest thing I have found. I sent them a message asking for more details and started an account just in case I order any items from them.

Mike Epperson

Post Thanks / Like

I know they have different sizes but I am not sure the diameter. I would think the tip for the smallest worm would work. Bear will be able to let you know.

Post Thanks / Like

crappieday, those tube molds, how do those things work? The skirt mandrel and nose insert. It says something about mixing and matching and all. I thought the pieces all went into the same mold but if they are different sizes they cant. Can you give an explanation on the set up of those and how you use one? Of course they do not have a 1 inch like I want but might do the 1 and 3/4. I plan on dipping some like you showed me also

Post Thanks / Like

And this may sound like a crazy question but are those tubes from that type of mold hollow or solid. I would think the word tube would mean hollow but I dont know lol

Post Thanks / Like

the 1 3/4 mold is the skirt length, actual tube size is 3.5 inches. you can use the different inserts for different length skirts. and you can make them from a solid tube to just a hardnose type tube by adjusting the mandrel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast