Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: No Crappie Today

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Crappie Today

Hey Im finally figuring out weatherman math, they were calling for 2 to 4 today here, so heres how it works. Add 2 + 4 = 6 and add 2 more for luck and voila thats 8 inches, exactly what we got! Only took me 50 years but I finally got it!
    So heres the wonderful view I had for about 16 hours today and get to start at 6 in the morning for all the same view again, i'm so lucky and their paying me too! WOOOOOOOO!!!!! Maybe I need help? But you know what I would much rather of been looking at the back of Tear-em up's head while slow trolling some finess and tube jigs all day.
    And the best part this will probably give me a 4 day weekend next weekend, that is if the Weather lets me?????
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

nice to see that you finnaly got some snow down there . we got some here also but just about 4-5 inches lol.
    at least it was warm in there ........

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

It might be warm compared to where you are but it is 12 degrees here right now I would like to see 50 again. Hope there wrong but I see the forecast is for a wintry mix this weekend. Plus its effecting our hrs. at work thats not good for the bank account. Played in the snow ,shoveled snow , burned alot of fire wood, and watched the capitals win another hockey game but no crappie here either I'm sure will make up for it sooner or later.

Post Thanks / Like

i hit the ice today and got one smaller perch while my buddie 50 yards away was catching fish all day perch mostly and a nice bass. funny how 20 ft makes a defirance thats how far apart i drill my holes and 2 out of 5 tip ups will be busy while the others just set and soak . sure would like to be on a boat instead of the ice .

is there any electric only lakes down that way i could load my pelican boat up and fish with out being blowed out of the water or swamped by a big crazy gas driver ?

thanks,
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

The resevoirs on the western shore are all electric motor only and the eastern shore is full of ponds and small creeks that a rig like that would work in.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks will have to do some checking on them maybe make a weekend out of it and bring the wife and kids lol.

thanks again ,
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scoremaster View Post

is there any electric only lakes down that way i could load my pelican boat up and fish with out being blowed out of the water or swamped by a big crazy gas driver ?

thanks,
    Scott
    Scott,

You could use your Pelican in J-Towne. It's not restricted, but where the ramp is it's "no wake" and very protected from the wind......of course you might have to wait till the snow melts now. It's been 2 months since I've been out. But at least it's giving me time to get my "new" boat ready.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had enough of this winter allready, the arctic armor sure felt good today while shoveling snow. Did the water freeze over again up there Mdcrappie? Our ponds had thawed out but there froze back up now even the rivers are getting some skim ice back on them, come on warmer weather.

Post Thanks / Like

This picture is similar to last weeks, just at least twice as much snow and a bit of a northeaster going so lots of salt water mixing with the snow, kind of like wet concrete. To bad there are not crappie in our marinas I could set some dummy poles while plowing too!
    Hang in there Tear-em Up, or should I say Grand pop? The sun will come out some day and the snow will go away, but I wont feel safe till after march 25th myself. Although on march 25th im not planning on being within 1000 miles of here, get ready????
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tear-em-up View Post
    I've had enough of this winter allready, the arctic armor sure felt good today while shoveling snow. Did the water freeze over again up there Mdcrappie? Our ponds had thawed out but there froze back up now even the rivers are getting some skim ice back on them, come on warmer weather.
    Yep froze over.....and now with about 24" of snow on top!