Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Harney

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Lake Harney

I'm new to this board but I think you'll be seeing more of me. I've been speck fishing for quite a while so you can imagine how pleased I am now that I live lakefront on lake Harney!! YEE-HAW!!!!! I will post as much info as I can on when the bite starts. My neighbor has lived on this lake since the 60's so I might have an inside scoop. I have been fishing about 4 to 5 times a week for the past month. It really hasnt turned on------yet. I'll go out for a couple of hours and maybe catch 5 to 10 average size. I'm still learning this lake and will be for the next 40 yrs! I'm interested to see how the water levels effect the bite. Today is Tuesday November 29 and the water level has dropped almost 2.5' Ive been catching some around Fort Lane Park from the shore. So far the specks seem to be in the weeds around the shore. (thats what I've found so far). Well thats enough for now. Good luck, tight lines. BB

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Baldo;
    Welcome.
    I fish Harney pretty exclusively (live in Titusville). I love the lake, especially Cow creek.
    I haven't ever tried fishing the shallow stuff, always find mine out in the middle.
    Yep you're a lucky dog living on the side of Harney. I hope you have your place up high enough that you don't have to worry about flooding, it is a headache to a lot of folks out there.
    Word is that the crappie bite is always slow in high water. I found four the other day out there right on the bottom (approx 9 ft).
    Good luck,
    Tight Lines.
    Danny
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard big baldo. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks for the welcome

I'm still learning the lake so I dont know where cow creek is located. Luckily the house we bought is high and dry.(as long as our seawall holds). Tonight I walked down the shore and had a ball with these little schooling bass. I was throwin a jerk bait and tear'in them up! Small but still fun. Hope to see you out there. BB

Post Thanks / Like

Cow Creek (also refered to as "Deep Creek" loacally) is located right there where the river begins again after leaving the north end of the lake.
    Just as you exit the lake (north end)and the river continues, Cow creek is just a few hundred yards up the river cutting out eastward.
    It goes quite a ways on up in there turning northward. A really beautiful place, typical wild Florida.
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

thanks for the info. I'll have to give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Welcome it is nice down deep creek, well worth the trip!!!! post some pics!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking cold snap

Well it has cooled off and it seems to have helped. I went out for a short while today and did pretty good compared to the past few weeks. I was throwin a small jig (berkely gulp chartuse) and landed 5. Lost 3. I caught a HUGE shellcracker. Almost paper plate size. Great fight on ultralight and 4# test. My digital camera went for a swim a few months ago but my neighbor took some pics. They are not digital but I'll see if I can scan them when he gets them back.
    Tight lines
    BB

Post Thanks / Like

A good area to fish is along the grass islands on the south end of Harney. This area is about eight feet deep right now and the fish are coming in there and feeding. We fish this area about two times a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Default geneva!!!???

Wow I thought I would be the only one who lived in Geneva or even knew where it is! Most people think I'm from Switzerland!!! I fished around those islands(submerged now) a couple of weeks ago. I caught a small bass but it looks real good there.
    BB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast