Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Winter has arrived

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter has arrived

I took my boat in and got it winterized yesterday just in time. I got it tarped and put away for the winter, just as the storm hit here yesterday. They shut Interstate 80 down yesterday going thru Ne. It was still shut down yet this morning. They got a foot of snow and 50 MPH winds which made 5ft drifts . We didn't get much snow here, but a lot of wind 50-60 MPH gusts. I am getting the Ice fishing gear out and put a few reels on my ice rods and will start putting ice line on them this week-end if the weather holds out. The temp is in the low teens for the rest of the week here at night, and in the low 30's during the day. I still have a few rods handy incase the weather breaks and I can get out before the hard water hits. Take care and be safe, and wear a life jacket especially this time of year.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Sure glad its you putting the boat up. I never put mine up. And fish all winter long.
    AS for Ice May put some in the drinks. But sure glad we don't have to fish in it. LOL

best of luck fishing this winter. I plan on heading out in the Am. Lows tonight 25 and the high tomorrow aorund 52.
    PEte

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Sure glad I dont have to face that!!Ohio winters were bad enough! Like Pete-never have to put the boat up& fish year round!! Good Luck!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I generally fished with my boat until the ice started setting on the lakes. Since I had the Triple by-pass last year my wife insists that I have someone with me when I take the boat out. No one is as avid a fisherman as I am and just laugh at me. when I ask them if they want to go out fishing.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p