Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: four man limit in a hour

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Default four man limit in a hour

[IMG][/IMG]

Ok, so maybe it's not crappie but figured since the weather was well.... goosey we would pound some more geese. WOW the bird worked AWESWOME all decoy shots feet down :D MY two passions are crappie and chasen birds. Well I hope the weather brakes because goose season is about done. Limits to all no matter if thier are finned or feathered
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is some good eatting. I hoping to get in another quail hunt next week at a local hunting preserve if the weather will come around.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job. Do you really eat those things though? Quail is as far as I've gone. In my mind, I guess I equated geese with carp... But that's just me guessing.

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    Nice job. Do you really eat those things though? Quail is as far as I've gone. In my mind, I guess I equated geese with carp... But that's just me guessing.
    Well, I do eat gar so my taste buds might be a touch off plum but yea, I love ducks and geese. Best if they are cooked RARE they are also great as jerky. I'll start running my pointers in feb. I turn birds out as too. I could care less if I ever kill another Quail or pheasant I just love to watch the dogs work. Most of the time I put out a call back pen, But the dogs do like to see the puff of feathers just as much as I do. I do believe Heaven will have bird dogs :D
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job qwack!

Post Thanks / Like

Its been years since I had either duck or goose. I know I liked it, but it was kind of greasy. Best I remember my mom put something inside of them when she cooked them like maybe a potato to cut down on the grease.

Quail is ok to eat, kind of small fried up, but the main reason I go is to watch the dogs work.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! It has been a outstanding year for honkers for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

QWACK, Your right. My Dad's up there hunt'n right now, with some of the best dog's that ever put a foot on the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twains Crappie Dan View Post
    QWACK, Your right. My Dad's up there hunt'n right now, with some of the best dog's that ever put a foot on the ground.
    He's hunting with my dogs???? :p

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I'm all for seeing as many geese shot as possible. They sort of seem like a nuisance bird anyway, always crapping all over every dock and ramp in sight.

I guess anything that's cooked right can taste good, I'm not adventerous enough with food.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast