Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 1 1/2 hr this morn 11/29 Okatibbee

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1 1/2 hr this morn 11/29 Okatibbee

Went out this morn cold and the wind blowing. Stayed about 1 1/2 hrs till the wind got too bad. Looking on computer right now it says 48 degs and wind 12 from WNW. Just too much for me to hang on the stumps tightlining. Tried 2 places, first none, second place I caught 4 keepers and 5 throwbacks, 12 to 14" deep. On an inside point with about 3 stumps. I was with-in talking distance of the campgd and got to talking to a lady hanging out clothes and asked if she wanted the 4 which she did so her husband came around to the ramp and I gave them to him, turns out they are missionaries from Penn. on their way to Lexington MS, don't know where that is. Made me feel pretty good. The only thing I could get them to hit were 1 1/2" Yum Beavertails in green/yellow. I was using 1/8 oz heads. They would not touch my 2" curley shad, my favorite bait. Forgot to add, I put a new hose and bulb on my motor and it sure made a big difference in the way my motor ran, had been running rough.
    Last edited by SteveJ; 11-29-2005 at 12:00 PM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Just think what you would have done without that wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renosky
    Just think what you would have done without that wind.
    The weather guessers are saying 3 mph wind for tomorrow so I hope to go back out and may be able to stay where I want for a while. I think 60 degrees tops tomorrow also so it should not be to bad. I'm ready to fish as it has been windy for too long. Come on down.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey,

Lexington is about 1 hour NORTH of Jackson on I-55...It's in the black belt, Holmes County i think (or Maduison) near the Big Black River bottoms. Where the MONSTERS ROAM

Post Thanks / Like

Default Went back today 11/30

Went back this morning for about 3 hrs and caught these 9. Biggest was 13" and weight 1lb 1oz, next biggest was 15oz. Only one fish per stump, hard to come by, but it sure was a nice morning, no wind to speak of. Going back in the morning and hope they will be more willing to bite. Took me a while to find the right color, started with the green/yellow Yum but they really didn't want that. Find out they wanted something with pink in it.

Last edited by SteveJ; 11-30-2005 at 03:54 PM.