Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Arcadia

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Arcadia

has anyone fished this lake for crappie? I live in Edmond & am new to this board. I've always loved fishing, but for whatever reason I've fished more this year than ever before. I now own a boat & would live to do some winter crappie fishing. I understand there are decent numbers of crappie at Arcadia. Can anyone tell me about it? If you had to choose between any metro area fishing hole for crappie, where would you go?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the okie board I know nothing about Arcadia I fish Gibson and Oolougah I think however that JigsbyDirk that posts sometimes on this board fishes there alot so try to look him up on this site I know for sure he has a ad on the small buisness directory here there are some good guys that post here regularly like Reaper and Red and Okie but they live down this way around Tulsa

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks George -- My fishing buddy lives in Tulsa. Anyways, where is the best crappie spot in Tulsa, hands down? Something that is not far from the city. (preferrably) I've heard Grand is tough to beat. I want to come up there and try a couple spots.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Oologah is much closer to Tulsa. Grand has done very well since they went to a 10" minimum. Either lake is very good for Crappie though. I have done well on both of them. I just happen to live less than 3 miles from the dam at Oologah and am somewhat partial. Welcome to the board! Arcadia crappie should be like most other lakes in the state right now. Fish points with steep dropoffs, look for brush, humps, or boulders in around 15-30' of water. Try fishing right off the bottom first, then move your lines up until you find the depth they are hanging at. The depth can and will vary alot depending on the area you are in. If deep water is nearby, they could be deeper. If the deepest water in the area is 20' they should be 15-20. Gl
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum. oologah lake is for me, since its about 10mins from house.

red...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by red...
    welcome to the forum. oologah lake is for me, since its about 10mins from house.

red...
    Arcadia will have to be it for me since it's 5 mins from my house.

Post Thanks / Like

Arcadia Fished on 11-29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reported By Barry Body of Water Arcadia
    E-mail [email protected] Date Fished 11-29
    Area Details Time Fished 11am-4pm
    Depth Fished Method Cast from bank
    Bait-Lure Used Minnows/stink bait
    Cover

Caught
    16-20 crappie -- Avg weight: 0.5 lb 1-2 catfish -- Avg weight: 1.5 lbs

Weather Conditions Clear
    Water Clarity Moon Phase N/A
    Water Temp Air Temp
    Wind Direction NW Wind Speed

Notes:
    Went to the indoor dock off 15th street. Had luck with red minnows fishing near the bottom. They were small but it was fun catching them. Went to north bank about 1:30pm and braved the cold, windy conditions. Caught a couple of channel cats, had some really big hits too. All an all a good day.

Questions/Comments:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post a Question or Comment

Name:
    E-Mail:

Question/Comments:

[ Questions/Comments ] [ Post Question/Comment ] [ oklahoma fishing report board ] [ FAQ ]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report tbud.

Post Thanks / Like

during the winter months the fishing dock off of 15th street is fairly reliable, however arcadia doesn't have the size crappie in it that eufala does. the best times to fish it are at sun up inside the dock, when the lights go off, or at night outside the dock fishing in the shadows and up against the dock. i hope this helps.

Dirk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arcadia 12/4

Fished the 15th street dock tonight. Caught several, mostly small. Had 2 feathered jigs on. Caught 1 12". That was the catch of the day according to some. Off the back of the dock, in the shadows after sunset.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast