Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: UN match-the-hatch

Post Thanks / Like

Default UN match-the-hatch

Thinking in reverse sometimes proves productive. But it got me thinking, If I was a fish and tired of the same ole shad/craws, would I chase a odd colored baitfish or be lazy and catch the hoehum baitfish.... Picture this, a school of shad come by with a (simular size and profile) red jig swimming near by. What are the odds of him living a full life?

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the fishing better pick up soon or we all will be in a padded room :D:D cabin fever can make a mind do some odd things
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

ditto Stump
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have a similar line of thougth on the subject. I figure in situations where baitfish are plentiful(in most cases more like a plague), that showing something different cant hurt. Especially for reaction strikes.
    I figure reaction strikes to a fly buzzing around you.(Yes i know its different for fish, but just go with me here) A fly buzzes around you long enough, what do you do? you swat it, shoo it away, something to get rid of it. I figure it similar with fish, the reaction might be for a different reason, but its still a reaction.
    Now, instead of one fly, its a swarm, do you focus on one individual fly amidst the swarm to swat at, no. However, if one of those flys were flashing neon green, and singing "eye of the tiger", i bet it might distract you from the mass of normal flies...step it up one more notch, and make it a dragon fly, neon green, rocky theme music and all, bet you completely forgot about the swarm of normal flys now didnt you.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen many times around here that the shad are so thick you will not get bit on a minnow..drop a jig in the mess and bam, yo ugot one..weird

Post Thanks / Like

in the predator world the odd looking food does not last long. snowing pretty hard in southern missouri, another day of no fishing. what was that stump hunter said