Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor boy Spider Rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poor boy Spider Rigging

i wanted to spider rig but could not or would not pay the price , :o so i went to Academy sports and bought some cheap rod holders, found a piece of 1x12 and a 2x4 , built me a mexican slow troll!! :rolleyes:
    Have caught numberous crappie fishing tandem roadrunners..
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Gentleben; 11-29-2005 at 07:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Gentleben...nice looking rigs you have there. I think I will try it and see how it works on my boat. It looks like your 1X12 and 2X4 are about 3 feet long or so? Does the 2X4 rig stand up ok, or do you have to support it somehow?

Post Thanks / Like

I have posted these before but thought gentleben might want a looksee....

I have added two more rod holder to the board. so far it does pretty good. Just wish I could find some more fish to really test it out.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Duke the board fits in front of my boat and it holds up pretty good, I have had as many as three fish on at a time and it works excellent .
    Smedley, that looks good gives me more ideas , looks like my ole boat, scared me for a minute i thought I posted the wrong pic!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like 3 DF's up front, believe thats the first time I ever saw that. How are they used?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

GB...I picked up the 2x4 at a construction sight, bought the Attwood rod holders (Wallyworld has them for $11, Academy $9), got a 5/8" bolt, washer, and nut from Lowes. I had the seat pedestal and base already. If you can find a 3/4" bolt it would work better. the 5/8" lets the board move too much. I'm trying to figure out a way to put the pedestal in the base in front of the boat and still be able to run the trolling motor. I think if I put another base in the floor of the boat just behind the front deck I'll be able to sit down facing forward instead of runing the rods out the side.

sorry for hijacking your post

Smedley
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Aw man that's o k I am used to potlickers heheh lmbao
    I appreciate your pics as I need to update the ones on my Tritoon.
    That really gives me some ideas . I like to push my baits, rather than pullin them so my panfish boat works great. i have a piece of 2x6 aluminum what will take the driftmasters and replace my wooden trollin rig.
    I used to pull them out the back of my Monark but since i started pushing them I pick up more fish and enjoy it more, I can watch all my instruments as i push my baits over the fish!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleben
    Aw man that's o k I am used to potlickers heheh lmbao
    I appreciate your pics as I need to update the ones on my Tritoon.
    That really gives me some ideas . I like to push my baits, rather than pullin them so my panfish boat works great. i have a piece of 2x6 aluminum what will take the driftmasters and replace my wooden trollin rig.
    I used to pull them out the back of my Monark but since i started pushing them I pick up more fish and enjoy it more, I can watch all my instruments as i push my baits over the fish!!
    What kind of eletronics do you have on your boat?
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like

I love It! You guys make me feel right at home! Don

Post Thanks / Like

Percher, Glad you enjoying it , on most days i run an Eagle 320 and a portable Tx200 Humminbird out the front trolling and an ole Lorance X-30 out the back while cruisin, I have asked Santa for a Humminbird 515 for X-mass if i behave he said he would bring me one :p .he is always upset with me caus if he don't bring me what i ask for then I go out buy it myself... :D
    I love to spider rig just don't have that much time doing it :o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast