Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: two piece mold question

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Default two piece mold question

Where would be the best place to get one made at and how much do they run? I also want to shoot the tails different colors, how does that work? thanks for the info
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

that can get way up there in price, to inject like that a slide bar is made into the mold, inject the tail through the bottom then slide the bar and inject the body from the top. Custom molds like that would most likely run 400 and up atleast. I would say try delmart molds but I dont recommend him at all, after 5 months of telling me "I will have it done this weekend " I have pulled my mold and having it done from someone else. Bear does great work and he told me he will be able in a couple of months to do it much faster when his new machines are set up.

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

that can get way up there in price, to inject like that a slide bar is made into the mold, inject the tail through the bottom then slide the bar and inject the body from the top. Custom molds like that would most likely run 400 and up atleast. I would say try delmart molds but I dont recommend him at all, after 5 months of telling me "I will have it done this weekend " I have pulled my mold and having it done from someone else. Bear does great work and he told me he will be able in a couple of months to do it much faster when his new machines are set up.[/QUOTE]

dang I can buy alot of jigs for that hmmm well mmm I guess back to my one piece wonders :D
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

look at bear molds you can get some nice ones for like 60 or 70 not that i pour but i like to look lol
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

yup custom molds can be very expensive. I have quite a few of them and they dont come cheap thats for sure. My I bought this one and it makes great baits but I want to get some bigger bait molds so im going to sell this one if I can to buy another one. IF anyone is interested Please pm me.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...n/IMG_3822.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...n/IMG_3824.jpg

these are the baits that it pours
    http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...n/IMG_3391.jpg

this is a 2pc alum 20 cavity mold. I makes 5 of each size 2", 1 3/4", 1 1/2", 1"

works great new only used 2 times. I got another mold almost the same style so wanting to part with this one for $70 shipped to your door same mold right now is running at $100+ shipping. Im looking at buying a bigger bait mold for bass fishing. thanks trfishin
    love to fish and make soft plastics

Post Thanks / Like

Perch, that is a good looking mold. However I would alter the final product a little to suit the types of lures I have had success with. I have attached a picture of how I would do it. However in certian areas it would work well as it is. That is nice of you to offer that mold at that price.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perch View Post
    yup custom molds can be very expensive. I have quite a few of them and they dont come cheap thats for sure. My I bought this one and it makes great baits but I want to get some bigger bait molds so im going to sell this one if I can to buy another one. IF anyone is interested Please pm me.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...n/IMG_3822.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...n/IMG_3824.jpg

these are the baits that it pours
    http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...n/IMG_3391.jpg

this is a 2pc alum 20 cavity mold. I makes 5 of each size 2", 1 3/4", 1 1/2", 1"

works great new only used 2 times. I got another mold almost the same style so wanting to part with this one for $70 shipped to your door same mold right now is running at $100+ shipping. Im looking at buying a bigger bait mold for bass fishing. thanks trfishin

I have a few molds I would be willing to trade ya for. Pm me if your interested in possible trade

Post Thanks / Like

thanks crappieseeker for the information I appreciate it.
    love to fish and make soft plastics

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    Perch, that is a good looking mold. However I would alter the final product a little to suit the types of lures I have had success with. I have attached a picture of how I would do it. However in certian areas it would work well as it is. That is nice of you to offer that mold at that price.
    just going through some old post I found this plastic bait very interesting I deftly like the design of it.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dnag snake you went old school post on us...... Look how far we have gone lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast