Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welding

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welding

My son Drew just grauated from Tulsa Welding School. Any suggestions/ideas where he could look for a job? Thanks Kevin in Mo.

Post Thanks / Like

Btt

Post Thanks / Like

He should try manufacturing or construction, if he isn't certified he should take the test.

Look thru the want ads in your local news paper, do a google search for welding jobs in your specific area, try your state employment office.

Here's a sample google search I did.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...bs+in+oklahoma
    Last edited by GCD; 01-27-2010 at 09:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Do they have a welder or steel workers union? He may need to move to a larger city in need of welders for fabrication or construction. If you live in a small town he may be limited to welding lawn mowers and fences.

Post Thanks / Like

Oil fields in your back yard.
    Buy a welder and a truck and start his business.
    The coast,where they build ships.
    Problem is,,,alot of people know how to weld.
    I went that route a long time ago. Hung steel for a bit and worked in a quarry.
    Ended up in the medical field
    go figure!!

Post Thanks / Like

kevin i can't speak for your state but in north carolina and virginia the guys that weld for the power plants and steam stations make huge money. most of them have a fitter working with them and all they have to do is burn. lots of conractors are hired these days to do that kind of work. there always looking for certified welders, fitters, wrights, and wire nuts. have to travel a little though.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can get him in the Boilermakers union or pipefitters union that would probably be the way to go.Nuke power is coming back and it will be a good chance for people that want to work.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

Post Thanks / Like

go to indeed.com do the advanced search and put in keyword like weld and the city or zip code where he is wanting to work this a good site that i advice people on daily

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin,

Check with some steel suppliers and see if they will tell him where they are selling steel. The hospitals in Cape are getting it from Sikeston, the big supplier, and there is Yarbrough Steel there also. There may be more.
    The trailer manu. in Sikeston are still in business. He may not want to stay there long, but it will be a check for a while until he can find something better if he doesn't like it there.
    There is a steel workers union out of Cape I think. They may be looking for help.
    There is a place in Jackson that manu.'s railroad parts, speck might know the name of the place. It's sort of an assembly line thing, I think.
    He may have to do a little more than just weld, just starting out, until he finds a place he likes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast