Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: toledo bend cool weather hot action

Post Thanks / Like

Default toledo bend cool weather hot action

The water level at toledo bend is about 9 ft low. the recent cool weather has droped the water temp to the mid to upper 50's. the big slab crappie are bunched up on the river channel and feeding like crazy. a typical trip is producing limits (50) of good to great sized crappie. yesterdays 1/2 day trip totaled about 75 slabs all over 3/4 lb and one hitting the 3 pound mark and others above 2 lbs.verticle jiging and casting are both paying off. Anyone interested in a trip of a lifetime get in touch with me, email, or phone 936-368-2211.
    Robinson's Lodge
    Toledo Bend
    accommodations and guide service
    936-368-2211
    Toledobendlodge.com
    Keep what you need, Release the rest, Protect the resource.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it sounds like a good time and I would love to go to Toledo Bend , where at are you fishing........?? :o

Post Thanks / Like

I just spoke with Mark. Big Dave and I are booked for the 17th and 18th.
    If you want to get in on some big crappie you beter book now. He doesn't
    have many weekends left in December. MAN O MAN i cant wait. Always wanted to fish the bend but never had the chance.

Jigster

Post Thanks / Like

This will be the first time since I was a kid to fish anywhere on T-Bend besides Bull Creek. I can't wait to catch some of those hard fighting Black Crappie. Good job on getting us booked Jigster. You da man!!

Big Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Where ya puttin in Jigster?? I been wanting to go, may do it this weekend!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jigster & Big Dave-I saw his post today and called him within 10 minutes of his post. Called him immediately and was impressed so I booked a full day trip with him Friday December 2 for myself and Kingfisher. The action is red hot now, so I wanted to get in on it as quick as possible. I plan to have some pics to post when we get back, so look for the posts. Will try to post on the Texas & Louisiana Board. (Aint't that having cofidence in our guide Mark). Mark if you are reading this the pressure is on you, so put us on some Crap....eeees. LOL R & R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Ben,
    We will be staying at Marks lodge and fishing out of his boat. I dont have a clue where he will launch. I have never been to Taledo Bend. Looking forward to fishing new water. Good luck to you if you go.

Jigster

Post Thanks / Like

Default Link

Here is a Link to Mark's Lodge;
    Robinson's Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like lots of action but gonna have to stay in county Wardens orders .... :o :D

Post Thanks / Like

Well Jigster and I may have gone a bit crazy with this, but we are now booked for the 16th,17th, and 18th. We are just making a full blown Crappie Vacation out of this one. We can't wait to get to the lake and fish with Mark. We will be sure and post a good article with pictures about this three day trip. T-bend is a great lake and getting to spend 3 days with someone who really knows the lake is the Best Christmas present that I can think of.

Tick,Tock,Tick,Tock,Tick,Tock,Tick,Tock, Counting down the minutes.

Big Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast