Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Falcon Smitty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falcon Smitty

You asked me to guess the weight on that big fish you had in that pic. I guessed 3.5 pounds...Maybe 4? Or could he be that Lottery Winning 5 pounds.

That's a STUD of a fish. How much did she weigh?

Rick

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

just a little over 3 1/2 on a hanging spring scale. I think it was a little heavier than that but they all grow over time. I wish now I would have taken the trouble of meeting the Marine patrol to weigh it but I didn't. It is still vaccum packed in the ice box. Reason I think it was heavier is I have another weighed at the grocer since that was 3lb 3oz and it ain't close to that one in size. It is gonna be a great mount. One is a white and one is a black. I forget which.
    This is the small one. Keep in mind I am a wide load.

Another shot of the biggun.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

So when i said the other 2 fish in that one pic were just under 3 pounds was I correct or were these the same 2 fish...I'm pretty good with weights...It takes a STUD just to be 3 pounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Smitty,Those are some slabs!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait
    So when i said the other 2 fish in that one pic were just under 3 pounds was I correct or were these the same 2 fish...I'm pretty good with weights...It takes a STUD just to be 3 pounds.
    They were about 2 1/2

It is getting to the best time of year to catch them bigguns. I love winter fishing. I believe my lake has a state record in it and I want to land it. with the shad population 5 pound might be realistic

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

So I was pretty close...Most people probably thought they were like 4 pounders or something. But I catch big fish and I'm here to say if you get A 3 POUNDER you have done something...2.5 pound fish are a dime a dozen but the magic barrier seems to be 3 pounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Falcon,

Where do u live in Bama? I just came back from Huntsville. Didn't take my boat or go fishing but I have access to a sweet lake up there that's LOADED with Black Crappie, Bream and Bass. I doubt anyone has EVER fished it for Crappie and I'm going to be up there sometime soon to bust um up. Wanna get in if you live near Huntsville?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in East Central Alabama on the Georgia state line. Columbus, Ga./Phenix City, Alabama

Long way from Huntsville but I drive all the time anyway. Might can make it. Let me know.