Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Easter Shore crappie fishing advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Easter Shore crappie fishing advice

Some of my fondest childhood memories came from crappie fishing with my Grandfather and Dad on Chautauqua Lake in Western, NY each spring back in the 1970s. It seems like a long time ago, and today find myself with four kids living on Maryland's Eastern Shore. I would love to have my kids experience what I did years ago, but am not familiar with any good areas on the Eastern Shore. I came across this crappie forum today, and was surprised and impressed with the numbers of crappie that were being caught this time of year. If anyone is willing to share with me a few suggestions on where and how, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome on board read the all the replies on the newcomer post I posted some spots on there, also some of the ponds in Ocean Pines have crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tear-em-up. I was hoping you'd reply as it was the posts of your successful fishing trips that got me motivated. I went out today to the upper Choptank in Greensboro, but no luck. I'll look into the areas you recommended. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

That area can be good too, I've got em up there too great white perch run in spring there. Marshyhope cr. that runs into Federalsburg has some great crappie fishing. There are some ponds back off noble rd off 404 that are now state owned that are good too, Idlewild area Ithink they call it.

Post Thanks / Like

There are some other spots up closer that way that I forgot to mention - tuckahoe cr. and the pond in tuckahoe state park we used to do good on crappie in that pond especially right at dark. There's also smithville spillway.

Post Thanks / Like

the upper choptank has a few crappie, but they are schooled up this time of year. Last year, I'd hit a tree and it would have a few on it and a tree right next to it wouldn't have anything? Marshyhope has much better numbers then choptank in my opinion.

Yep the perch in the choptank very good, there were some guys fishing in the watts creek today, but i didn't get to talk to them. They were probably picking up a few yellow perch.

Tear em up, I'm out of commission for a while......back went up on me at work and I'm down for a while....

Post Thanks / Like

That stinks, I was just talking about you at work the boys at work that live up near you went to some archery shoot up that way this weekend I said you were probably their.Hope ya get better soon.