Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappies through the Ice?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappies through the Ice?

Anyone been out or put any slabs on the ice?? I made a trip up to where we camp with no luck what so ever... Been hearing some guys are picking a few up here and there mixed inwith some gills on Big Bay on Oneida Lake. To busy for me there and they havn't really came in heavy yet... Tight Lines Guys...Eddie Rod

Post Thanks / Like

I know a buddy of mine down near Saratoga has been doing pretty well. he got a slab that was over 15" while ice fishing.

With the warm and rain today, we're going to need a good cold snap to harden the water back up again.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappies "on" the ice

We've been catching plenty of nice slab crappies on several lakes here in northern MN. The ice is over 24" in most spots, been driving on it since before Christmas. ( be sure to know your ice ) How thick is the ice in NY? What do you use for ice fishing rod holders in NY? I found "The Groove Rod Holder" works very well for many situations. These things are great, they are small, light, and they float. I can snap it to the frame of my portable fish house, and mount it on a bucket. Great for the kids, too, when they loose interest, I don't have to worry about their rods going down the hole! To check them out, you can Google "The Groove Rod Holder" and there are links where they are sold.