PDA

View Full Version : FISHGILLZ Sunglasses......Do you have a pair?

kellerqx
01-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Looking for a new pair of sunglasses for this season and just saw these "fishgillz" on vs. channel. Are they are good as they make them out to be?

jwz4
02-16-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm wondering the same thing... Anybody own a pair.

Jdub
02-16-2010, 01:31 PM
FishGillz are awesome, I fish professionally on the redfish circut and they are all I use, you can pick them up at Gander or go to fishgillz.com and by the way they do float,,, I use the avalon / bronze lense
Jdub

deathb4disco
02-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Too expensive for me. I'm sticking with my el cheapo glasses from Walmart.

sothunfried
02-16-2010, 02:15 PM

me too!:D

StraightShooter
02-16-2010, 02:18 PM
Good evening all-- I posted a special offer to all Crappie.com members a while back-- your choice for a special price of $35 dollars-- I am the Louisiana and Mississippi Coast distributor and will mail them to your front door--
Just one way of trying to help my fellow slab slayers!!

If you are interested, PM me here or shoot me an email to louisianafishgillz@yahoo.com

Thanks-- Scott

gone_fishing
02-16-2010, 02:50 PM

I used to buy those walmart cheapies too. Problem is if you look at them they are scratched. Last year I bought a pair from BPS they had polycarbonate lenses and the polarization is much better than the cheapies and they are scratch resistent and a lifetime warranty.

I am not sure how the fish gills are by comparison but as with a lot of things I have purchased in the past you get what you pay for buy it less often and usually come out ahead buying quality.

feelay
02-16-2010, 02:54 PM
If y'all think $40 is too much for fishin' glasses...Y'all need to get a job and quit fishin' so much!!!!

CrappieKillerJigs
02-16-2010, 03:40 PM
i got a pair of costa del mar and i think the fishgills are up there with them...but you can buy 4-5 pairs of fishgills for the price of the costa del mar

mantooth
02-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Ono's Trading Company (http://www.onostradingcompany.com/)

DHC
02-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Costa Del Mar's with the 580 GLASS lenses are the way to go. Expensive? Yes without a doubt. But talk about being able to flat see everything below the surface! Save up and get you a pair, you won't regret it.

jwz4
02-16-2010, 11:22 PM
I've had 2 pair of costas and call it bad luck but the frames just don't hold up for me. So now I'm looking for something that I will not be so upset if they get broken.

StraightShooter
02-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks for all your comments, as a distributor for this line, I will happily discuss any of your questions or concerns.
If I do not answer you right away please contact me at 985-750-1123, my name is Scott.
I have had a few pair of various glasses--and to summarize the whole thing without sounding like a salesman (which I am not--doing this as my stimulas plan since the oilfield is slow right)--the hold up when dropped, they are affordable for the working man, and with their guarantee you really can't go wrong.
Thanks in advance

azslabber
02-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Got my Fishgillz on Saturday,used them on Sunday,pretty clear glasses and you can see in the water really good.Sun was playing hooky so can't really tell yet.Seem to be the best glasses that I have ever had.Nice case and cleaning cloth too.

yikess
02-24-2010, 08:17 PM
I received my pair of fishgillz today in the mail and they are nice. Very, very clear.

papermouthking
02-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Is there really a big difference in cheaper glasses????

callshy
02-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Should have some on the way to try out. Hopefully I am pleased with them.

I think the biggest difference with the cheap glasses may be that they scratch easier. Sometimes you get some that the lense pops out easily as well. I have owned several of the cheaper pair of glasses but am ready to take a step up.

LBM
02-25-2010, 03:19 PM
I bought a pair of the Costa Del Mar glasses at a sports show back in the early 1990's and at that time I had to send the frames to Florida to put prescription lens in for me. I've had those glasses now for over 17 plus yrs. Couple years ago did have a local optician put in new prescription into the same frames. They have been great sunglasses to use on the water and they are still going strong now but things do wear out eventually.

This morning after reading this thread I emailed Fishgillz asking if they sold prescription glasses thinking I'll probably be needing some new frames one of these days. Must admit they promptly replied that they do not have a prescription sunglass program at this time.

Capt. Eric Dumas
02-25-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm a Guide here in the south Louisiana and I been using fishgillz for 3 years and I will never pay the price for Costa, Oakley. After 3 years I'm on my second pair of fishgillz. I had some costa and they blew out of the boat and I was sick for 2 weeks but fishgillz blew out I turned around and picked them up as they floated right back to me and as far as the lens. There is no differant than the good ones. As I sight fish tripletails I can see the fish really good. So I would recommend them to any fellow fisherman are beach person. And StraightShooter has a good deal going here on the site for you guys.

LBM
02-25-2010, 05:22 PM
IAnd StraightShooter has a good deal going here on the site for you guys.

Not if you need prescription glasses. ;)

ReelfootYankee
02-25-2010, 06:41 PM
My Prob. is my nose been busted twice and i have a hump in the arch?
bass pro. carey them, so i can try diff. model's on?

StraightShooter
02-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Should have some on the way to try out. Hopefully I am pleased with them.

I think the biggest difference with the cheap glasses may be that they scratch easier. Sometimes you get some that the lense pops out easily as well. I have owned several of the cheaper pair of glasses but am ready to take a step up.

They shipped this morning--you should have them soon. Thanks for the business. Scott

StraightShooter
02-25-2010, 10:02 PM
My Prob. is my nose been busted twice and i have a hump in the arch?
bass pro. carey them, so i can try diff. model's on?

I had a customer last week who was a former boxer--broken nose a few times--the Santa Cruz worked out for him--he even responded later saying he made a kayak fishing trip and they worked great, no slippage or aggravation to the skin during his trip--please let us know if we can help you--Thanks--Scott 'StraightShooter' Ard

gatoloco
02-26-2010, 10:20 AM
I have been using htem for the past 2 years and have nothing but good things to say. They are very clear and the fact that they float is a bonus. I have a pair of costa del mars and they are still in the box. (won as a prize in tourney).

ReelfootYankee
02-26-2010, 07:07 PM
I had a customer last week who was a former boxer--broken nose a few times--the Santa Cruz worked out for him--he even responded later saying he made a kayak fishing trip and they worked great, no slippage or aggravation to the skin during his trip--please let us know if we can help you--Thanks--Scott 'StraightShooter' Ard

The Santa cruz Thank You S.S. I will check them out !!