Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sardis spillway 11/25/05

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Sardis spillway 11/25/05

Tried the spillway past two weeks. Not much going on right now. Several good size white bass caught a week ago when I was there, in the swift water on combination jigs or crankbaits. I caught a 6 lbs large mouth bass on a roadrunner combination. Crappie still on the small size the days I fished but plenty of them. If only the bigger ones would move on in!! I bet yesterday would have been a better day?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sardis Spillway

Spawner, the bigger crappie are there at certain times. I fished at first light on Monday and Tuesday, caught 9 good fish (11"-14"), plus a lot of smaller ones. The bigger fish are fairly selective, light line plus nibbles seems to be the way to go. I don't think it matters if it is cloudy or sunny, as long as it stays one way or the other. The sun popping in and out kills the bite for me.

The white bass have been on a tear in the white water since about the 1st of October. I probably have caught over 500 fish, mostly on various jig/plastic combos. The bite has almost stopped in the past week or so. Colder water has moved the shad back to deeper water, I think.