Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I tried them all...Driftmaster, Titelok, Mr. Crappie, HOMEMADE...THEN I

Post Thanks / Like

Default I tried them all...Driftmaster, Titelok, Mr. Crappie, HOMEMADE...THEN I

I bought the HiTeck Rod Holders by Scott Echols in Alabama. HOLD UP WAIT A MINUTE...Back up. I bet I have spent near $1,000 messing around with different rod holders. I finally took the advice of someone on the crappie board (thanks GreyGoosie) and bought 4 of the 4 pole holder Hitek set-ups.

I looked at them on their website, Home and I wasn't overly impressed just based upon the pics. Ole Greygoose, while fishing with him during Christmas, told me about the quality and said BEST ON THE MARKET. Well I had to take his word. I ordered them last week, and they got in last week.

Folks, in the current state of our world, most people (or manufacturers) who make things try to skimp and cut corners to save a buck on every aspect of ANY product being made today. Let me tell you, these Hitek holders are ALL METAL. Most of the metal is solid alum such as the T bars , etc. The Tbar itself is SOLID alum. The holders themselves, SOLID as a rock with the best design I have seen yet in terms of actually securing the holder to the T-bar.

The website for these holders DOES NOT DO THEM JUSTICE. If you have thought about buying this product and hadn't I can assure you it will exceed your expectations.

I loved Driftmaster but had to do WAY to many mods on them to get them were I wanted. The bad thing about DM is the holders themselves are too tall (the arms that old the pole in the holder are too tall), the screw to titen and loosen each holder spins and spins unless you glue it down. The holders don't bite to the metal very well, I had to put a piece of tape inside each of mine. And titelok, well lets just say they shouldn't have the work LOK (cause as soon as you take the rod out it MOVES itself) anywhere in their name. Talk about some corner cutting.

Scott has his design where when you tighten the holder to the Tbar, the bolt comes in from the bottom and actually goes directly into the threaded base of the "pole holder". The more you tighten the bolt, the more it pulls it all together. DM had nuts and washers and bolts, etc. And removal of the holder. OH WOW. SCOTT great work. It comes right out of a base plate. DM, you have to undo this screw and and remove the tbar then the inside support, etc.

This is the best designed, beefed up yet streamlined holder system ever brought to market. The price is in line or below with all the other manufactures, plus he's on CC. I might be behind all you other fellers in that I just bought these and many of yall have known about them. But for anyone on the fence about some ROD HOLDERS, these are the FIRST and ONLY holder you will have to buy.

And you can take that to the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup Sac I just got mine a week ago. (4) sets. Have yet to install them in the boat, but up here in the frozen north I got some time to make sure they are where I want them. From all I've read, you'll love 'em.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Great overall design and fastest hookset of any rod holder on the market.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the bee ready and they look a lot alike. and I love the bee ready, so I would say they would be great the hightec ones you have.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with SAC 100%!!! Great product!!
    Bobby Garland Pro Staff Bass Pro Shop Pro Staff
    Hi-Tek Pro Staff
    Denali Rods Pro Staff Road Runner Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

We need pics !
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

here's some pics. I hope they do them justice.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Ordered (2) 2 rod set ups last night..Thanks for the pictures..It looks like you can also long line with these holders..

One question::::what keeps the rod bar from spinning on the riser pole? Can you tighten it enough so it won't? I ,like you, have had trouble with DMs doing that..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG View Post
    One question::::what keeps the rod bar from spinning on the riser pole? Can you tighten it enough so it won't? I ,like you, have had trouble with DMs doing that..
    I have never had a problem with the bar spinning. Once you get it snugged down it is there to stay unless you really whack it to cause it to move.

Post Thanks / Like

I have my t bar tightned just enough to keep it from moving on it's own but I can still grab it and turn it sideways when entering or exiting the boat. I love mine and like sac I have tried the other major brands and these are it for me.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast