Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humminbird vs Eagle FishMark

Post Thanks / Like

Question Humminbird vs Eagle FishMark

It's time to get a new Fishfinder. I bought a Lowrance last time it was ok. But now i am thinking of a Humminbird 565. But i also found a Eagle FishMark 320. I can not make up my mind the Humminbird 565 has a dual-beam sonar?? Does that make a difference? Here i will paste and copy a little about each.

The humminbird
    640 vertical x 320 horizontal pixels
    20°/60° dual-beam transducer
    2,000-watt peak-to-peak power
    Accelerated real-time sonar
    2-1/2" target separation
    updating the screen up to 40 times per second
    $169.88

The Eagle FishMark 320
    1,500 watts peak-to-peak power
    Depths to 800 Ft.
    200 kHz high-speed Skimmer transon-mount transducer
    Up to 60° of fish detection coverage
    Advanced Fish I.D.
    320 x 320 Film SuperTwist pixel 5"diagonal display
    The 200 kHz Skimmer™ high-speed transducer with up to 60° coverage
    $109.88

No ideal which one to get???
    Thanks for any info u can give!

Post Thanks / Like

I have had two humminbirds,two garmin,three lowrance I like the lowrance the best, get the best you can. and keep researching try to get a look at whatever you are looking at on the water. buddy,friend total stranger if you have to. the more you investigate the better off you will be.

Post Thanks / Like

After what Lowrance did to Linda Colt I would buy a Humminbird

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 Eagle Fish Mark 500C color units. I don't know anything about Humminbird. But I can tell you after having units that were not color I would never have nothing but color in the future. It is so much easier to see everything to me with the color.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking a just the specs, it appears the Humminbird would be the better buy.
    That being said, the 565 is no longer being offered, and the 2010 stock shows a 560, then a 570.
    I would wonder how long parts etc would be available for a unit no longer available.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey SEMOsportsman I don't know how close to Springfield, Mo you are located at. But if I was you I would call the guys over at Marine Repair Center in Springfield. And ask them what kind of deals they have. I found my 500C units over there for $199.99 each on close out. Brand new still in the package. The same units, same thing was at BP for $349.99 each. I know I checked the same day I purchased both of my units.

Here is the link to their website:

Marine Repair Center

Oh and they do a heck of a job repairing trolling motor shafts! LOL that was how I found my new fish finders, I was in there getting a trolling motor shaft repaired.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=SEMOsportsman;1001907]It's time to get a new Fishfinder. I bought a Lowrance last time it was ok. But now i am thinking of a Humminbird 565. But i also found a Eagle FishMark 320. I can not make up my mind the Humminbird 565 has a dual-beam sonar?? Does that make a difference? Here i will paste and copy a little about each.

Without dual beam, if you are fishing in 30 foot of water you will see a 10 foot circle of the bottom or 1/3 of depth. With dual beam you will see a circle equal to the depth or 30 feet. You can overlay the two beams or see them on a split screen setup

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 565 and it does ok. You can find brush piles with it no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

DMW i am by Cape Girardeau. I wish i was closer i would go have a look. But i think i will go with the Humminbird 565. Seems like it is a better unit. I was kinda leaning that way until i found the FishMark. Thought i would ask a few question and see what other people had to say. Thanks for the replys!

Post Thanks / Like

What if an employee gets fired from Humminbird, would people say the same thing?

I have to agree with buying the best unit that you can afford. At those prices, I wouldn't get your hopes up for a great performer, but they'll get the job done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast