Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: gotta question

Post Thanks / Like

Default gotta question

just wonderin if you could night fish during the winter and how a man would go about it. im new to all this night fishin stuff and was just wonderin. but i know for sure this spring and summer ill be out night fishin cause its thestuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea you can fish @ night in the winter. And there's no bugs. You need a light or two, spinning rods with slipcorks and minnows. Usually fish 10'-20' deep. Around a bridge is a good place to start. Mid-lake humps are also a good choice

Post Thanks / Like

Don,t Forget To Get Some Lighted Corks And Try Those!
    GET IN, SIT DOWN, HOLD ON, AND BE VEWY VEWY QUITE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

One handy little trick you can use for night fishing is to head to Lowe's or Home Depot and pick up a couple of 2 or 4 foot shop lights.
    I use the 4 footers that have two tubes in them.
    If you can find find a 4 foot black light tube use one of them and a regular white one. This with light your lines up to look like rope. You'll notice the slightest tap with this set up.

I use a small DC-AC converter - you can pick these up at most auto parts stores - to power the shop lights.

I hang it over the side of the boat so the light is about a foot from the water.
    This keeps most all the light out of your eyes and on the water - plus the bugs tend to hang around the light and not you

Find a good spot, set out the light and give it time - the fish will come !!!

I've had nights out on Harris and Jordan where the shad were so thick circling the light you could hear them hitting the bottom of the boat.

Those big slabs are usually either right below the shad or just at the edge of the circle.

Good Luck !!!