Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: pcbs

davidbickle Guest

Default pcbs

Hello,have been fishing for crappie and eating them for 12 years here in lake Hartwell south carolina.Now they say the fish have pcbs in them,Well let me tell you they taste good and my eyes do not glow in the dark.Lake hartwell is full of fish.(maybe the pcbs protecting them)mmmmmm starting to get hungry now!!!!!!!! Time to go night fishing for them crappie slabs

Post Thanks / Like

Default pcb's

Quote Originally Posted by davidbickle
    Hello,have been fishing for crappie and eating them for 12 years here in lake Hartwell south carolina.Now they say the fish have pcbs in them,Well let me tell you they taste good and my eyes do not glow in the dark.Lake hartwell is full of fish.(maybe the pcbs protecting them)mmmmmm starting to get hungry now!!!!!!!! Time to go night fishing for them crappie slabs
    are you sure they didn't say pcp? is it just me or are the walls turning purple? :D

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PCB's.........

Most people gonna die from something 'cept the health nuts, they just gonna die. haha...My computer full of PCB's. It gonna die too...I heard all these reports about contaminants, but I ain't read no obituraries about people dying from pcp infestation yet. Till then, I eat what I catches. I am for clean water, but, hell, I ain't paranoid...yet.................
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Most people gonna die from something 'cept the health nuts, they just gonna die. haha...My computer full of PCB's. It gonna die too...I heard all these reports about contaminants, but I ain't read no obituraries about people dying from pcp infestation yet. Till then, I eat what I catches. I am for clean water, but, hell, I ain't paranoid...yet.................
    I agree with you Tom. I don't think the normal person can eat enough fish to be bothered by them.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Something I knew, but didn't know the extent of, is that it is one thing to test the water for contaminate amounts and another to test the fish species in that water to determine what amounts they have. The bottom feeders and those that dine on certain fish that are high in contaminates are much much higher than others. I can't
    profess to know the scientific crap about it but do know that (as an example) it can
    be way better to eat 10 lbs of crappie than 1 lb of catfish out of the same water.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

If it didn't kill the fish why would it kill me? There are still a lot of questions that have not been answered.