Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inflatable PFD?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Inflatable PFD?

I've decided to buy an automatic inflatable PFD and was wanting a little feed back from you guys that have used them. I ran a search but didn't find much. I'm looking at the SOSpenders or the cabela's guardian. SOSpenders are about twice as high, just wondering if they are really a better quality? Thanks for any input
    2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I have the BassPro XPS inflatables and really like them.

Check these out:

Life Jackets, Vests, PFD's & Inflatable Flotation Devices for Infant, Children & Adults - Stearns Heads Up, Mustang, Sospenders & More - Bass Pro Shops

I looked at the Cabelas, but the webbing looked too skinny to me.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Try some on if you possibly can. Some are more comfortable than others. BPS let us try before buy in Nashville.

Just remember, it is your life you are dealin with, not a pole.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I use the mustang self inflator. easy to wear.

Post Thanks / Like

I also wear Mustang. So comfortable that I wear it 100% of the time....hot or cold, rain or shine....which is the point, right?

Deluxe Inflatable PFD with HIT (hydrostatic activation) :: Mustang Survival
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses so far guys, keep them coming. Was all set to just buy one without much research and then I started reading the reviews at BPS and Cabela's.Seemed like there were a lot of cases of unintended inflation. Just wondered if the triggering mechanism was better on the more expensive models. I just want something hassle free that I will be comfortable wearing from the time I get out of the truck until I get back in the truck to get home.

Thanks,
    Austin
    2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion

Post Thanks / Like

That's why I bought a model with HIT. It won't inflate unless the sensor is under a couple inches of water pressure (i.e., you have to fall in the water to trigger it). I fish/guide 12 months per year, in some pretty nasty weather, and I have yet to have a problem with that Mustang.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Halfen #511 View Post
    That's why I bought a model with HIT. It won't inflate unless the sensor is under a couple inches of water pressure (i.e., you have to fall in the water to trigger it). I fish/guide 12 months per year, in some pretty nasty weather, and I have yet to have a problem with that Mustang.
    NICE SPECKS--DOES,NT LOOK LIKE YOU HAVE TROUBLE CATCHIN FISH EITHER---
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Today, 10:08 AM
    Slabmaster II

Follow Jason advice also the mustang vest I bought has new style view finder so U/Coast Guard can see thru window that it has power/armed & will work. Cheaper &/old ones will inflat in rain and have to be taken apart to see if it has power to work-real pain tp prove to U/DNR....? Also can U wait a few weeks before buying???? Bass Pro Fishing Classic will be starting end of February-maybe some good deals then -that's when I got mine on sale plus a rebate of $40.00 for turning in any old adult life vest. Not having one with me clerk told me to buy one el cheapo orange block type vest for $7.00 & turn that in @ register....saved me $33 of my $40 rebate.........
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We purchased the SOS when they first came out. I wonder what the life expectancy of the material might be? Direct sunlight has to take a toll on the material integrity. Have not seen or read any articles about equipment life expectancy except manufacturers hype.

Not tested by consumer reports.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast